This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox One X is said to have the GPU power of GTX 1070

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox One X is said to have the GPU power of GTX 1070

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#1
Prices for PC GPUs may lower in price because of this. The 1070 retails not too far off from a Xbox One X.

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
1 month ago#2
Its not anywhere near a 1070. Please stop peddling this nonsense. The X1X GPU is roughly equivalent to an rx580.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#3
sylverlolol posted...
Its not anywhere near a 1070. Please stop peddling this nonsense. The X1X GPU is roughly equivalent to an rx580.

http://wccftech.com/ark-dev-xb1x-like-gtx-1070/

ARK Dev: XB1X Is Like a PC with GTX 1070 & 16GB RAM; Game Runs at 1080P@60 while PS4 Pro Is 1080P@30

If you think about it, it’s kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It’s kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it’s equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that’s a pretty good deal for $499.

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#4
No. In terms of raw power, XB1X's tuned AMD Jaguar will perform similarly to a 1060 at best, and it's processor is for both general operation and graphics processing. However it's a well known fact that Windows isn't an efficient OS for running task-specific routines, so consoles are definitely taking that performance gap to close in.

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
1 month ago#5
There’s no way Nvidia/AMD are going to have a GPU price drop because of the Xbox One X launch.

Where do you get this s*** from?

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#6
CursedPanther posted...
No. In terms of raw power, XB1X's tuned AMD Jaguar will perform similarly to a 1060 at best, and it's processor is for both general operation and graphics processing. However it's a well known fact that Windows isn't an efficient OS for running task-specific routines, so consoles are definitely taking that performance gap to close in.

Can you link to a source that says X1X is a 1060? The only quotes I found say 1070.

User Info: sylverlolol

sylverlolol
1 month ago#7
ArcadeGuy posted...
sylverlolol posted...

ARK Dev: XB1X Is Like a PC with GTX 1070 & 16GB RAM; Game Runs at 1080P@60 while PS4 Pro Is 1080P@30

If you think about it, it’s kind of equivalent to a GTX 1070 maybe and the Xbox One X actually has 12GB of GDDR5 memory. It’s kind of like having a pretty high-end PC minus a lot of overhead due to the operating system on PC. So I would say it’s equivalent to a 16GB 1070 PC, and that’s a pretty good deal for $499.

>wccftech
>literally believing the developer of one of the most unoptomized and shoddily built games of this entire generation

Go back to the Xbox board, buddy.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#8
Love_Me_Sexy posted...
There’s no way Nvidia/AMD are going to have a GPU price drop because of the Xbox One X launch.

Read my sentence again. There is one word that changes your outburst.

User Info: Love_Me_Sexy

Love_Me_Sexy
1 month ago#9
ArcadeGuy posted...
Love_Me_Sexy posted...

Read my sentence again. There is one word that changes your outburst.

I don’t have to read your post again and there was no outburst. You made a ludicrous claim that PC GPUs could go down in price because of a console launch.

Try to follow your own advice. Read my post again and let me know where you pulled this s*** from? I already know it’s from your ass but it would be nice hearing it from you.

User Info: K4P_Link

K4P_Link
1 month ago#10
sylverlolol posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
sylverlolol posted...

>wccftech
>literally believing the developer of one of the most unoptomized and shoddily built games of this entire generation

Go back to the Xbox board, buddy.
Hotter than you in real life :)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1580697/
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox One X is said to have the GPU power of GTX 1070

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived