This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox One X is said to have the GPU power of GTX 1070

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox One X is said to have the GPU power of GTX 1070

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#31
ArcadeGuy posted...
ARK Dev: XB1X Is Like a PC with GTX 1070 & 16GB RAM; Game Runs at 1080P@60 while PS4 Pro Is 1080P@30

Isn't the XboneX a 4k60 console? What happened with that? Oh, right, it was just a bunch of lies from the start.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#32
troll topic
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#33
don't really care what's in the xbox x becuz the game still has to run on the turd xbox one (i have one but only for kinect) xD
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
1 month ago#34
Fade2black001 posted...
troll topic

How is this a troll topic when a dev said the quote?

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
1 month ago#35
zhenghan posted...
don't really care what's in the xbox x becuz the game still has to run on the turd xbox one (i have one but only for kinect) xD

Yeah this may hold the One X back. It depends on if Developers are not lazy and actually add a Xbox One X preset/mode that takes advantage of the hardware power like how PC developers make games for Low and high spec PCs.

User Info: tsoures

tsoures
1 month ago#36
ArcadeGuy posted...
ArkonBlade posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
-5xad0w- posted...
Why would GPU prices drop?

Can you put an XB1X in your case and use it as a video card?

More gamers are ditching PC and buying X1X and Pro if they want to game like a high-end PC.

XD

Your trolling is weak.

How is that trolling? You're naive to think people are not switching to PS4 Pro and X1X instead of upgrading their PC.

I'm not so sure about the exact dates but i think in Q1 of 2018 a new line of gpu will be released. Even if xbox one x is really around --70 level of performance, that will be already old news. So all im saying is wait 3-4 months and xbox one x will be even more outdated.
http://steamunpowered.eu/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Cartman.png

User Info: Teen Girl Squad

Teen Girl Squad
1 month ago#37
Man some of you guys sure do get triggered over the mere thought that there might be a cost effective console. If it does 1080p/60 with solid details thats a good accomplishment for everyone.
"Rest of league playing checkers, Chargers playing E-Sports." Drug_Smoker.

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
1 month ago#38
no it's not
it's not even close
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: ghost140

ghost140
1 month ago#39
Teen Girl Squad posted...
Man some of you guys sure do get triggered over the mere thought that there might be a cost effective console. If it does 1080p/60 with solid details thats a good accomplishment for everyone.

Even better just wait a year or 2 and the price will drop $100 and come with a game or 2.
"Why is basic healthcare like irony? Americans don't get it."
- Yahtzee

User Info: Ratchetrockon

Ratchetrockon
1 month ago#40
just look at its damn specs.

Its pretty damn close to a rx 580. Xbox X Has 4 more compute units but at 12.5% slower clock speeds.

Its got higher memory bandwidth but its going to be shared across the ram/cpu of the system.

Everything else about it just reeks of rx 580 levels of power.

Definitely an improvement over the standard xbox and even the ps pro but its no gtx 1070 lol.

Part of this dumb rumor is also due to the fact that digital foundary was comparing xbox x forza 7 footage to the PC version of a different forza game that had the same map. Little did they know that forza 7 is an absolute downgrade in terms of visuals (compared to forza games released 1-2 years prior) so that even gtx 1060 level cards can run it at 4k with a few minor tweaks. The rx 580 can honestly probably run it at 4k better than the 1060 just because forza 7 is a dx 12 game. The gtx 1070 can run forza 7 at 8k high settings @ 60 fps by the way as a comparison in performance.

As for console optimization bridging the gap I highly f***ing doubt it. History has shown time and time again that performance for multiplat games on console is pretty damn similar to a PC running it with a gpu of similar strength. EX: See Witcher 3 gtx 750 ti (roughly ps4 levels of power) vs the Ps4. Fps is similar with the PC version showing higher minimum frame rates iirc.
i7 6900k | 2x GTX 1080ti FE (SLI) |MSI x99 Gaming PRO | 1tb 960 PRO EVO M.2 SSD| DDR4 32 gig 3200 RAM | EVGA P2 1200W
Bench: http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/21395525
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox One X is said to have the GPU power of GTX 1070

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived