This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Xbox One X is said to have the GPU power of GTX 1070

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox One X is said to have the GPU power of GTX 1070

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
1 month ago#41
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
Silvererazor posted...
ArcadeGuy posted...
CursedPanther posted...
No. In terms of raw power, XB1X's tuned AMD Jaguar will perform similarly to a 1060 at best, and it's processor is for both general operation and graphics processing. However it's a well known fact that Windows isn't an efficient OS for running task-specific routines, so consoles are definitely taking that performance gap to close in.

Can you link to a source that says X1X is a 1060? The only quotes I found say 1070.

https://www.techpowerup.com/gpudb/2977/xbox-one-x-gpu
yaw

inb4
"M$ puts magic into the hardware, so it runs 20000000% of the original specs".

f***k this thing beats my GTX 780 :/ Thought I'd be set for the generation.

Thats pretty impressive, but yeah not as good as a 1070. Xbox fans should be happy its as strong as it is instead of trying to exaggerate it's performance

780 is four and a half years old, it's ancient.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 127

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
1 month ago#42
Xbox One X could punch above its weight if it gets extensive optimizations, but most studios will probably take the easy and cheaper way and just let it brute force the PC versions' higher settings and resolution.

Xbox One X' GPU sports alot more horsepower and features (feature level 11.1 vs 12.0), but no studio will use any new tech that won't work on original Xbox One, or older PC GPUs.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
1 month ago#43
godplaysSNES posted...
Xbox One X could punch above its weight if it gets extensive optimizations, but most studios will probably take the easy and cheaper way and just let it brute force the PC versions' higher settings and resolution.

Xbox One X' GPU sports alot more horsepower and features (feature level 11.1 vs 12.0), but no studio will use any new tech that won't work on original Xbox One, or older PC GPUs.

It still has a really low tech cpu in it. Weaker than an i3.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 127

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#44
ATARIJAWA posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

ya the nail in Xbox One X's coffin...Good and bad. I mean it guarantees the games runs on s***ty PC CPUs so good in that sense.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
1 month ago#45
ATARIJAWA posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Yeah, but that won't matter for just increasing the GPU bound workloads. An Xbox One game just getting its resolution increased to 1080p, 1440p or 4k and still targeting 30 FPS will still have the same CPU workload.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
1 month ago#46
ArcadeGuy posted...
-5xad0w- posted...
Why would GPU prices drop?

Can you put an XB1X in your case and use it as a video card?

More gamers are ditching PC and buying X1X and Pro if they want to game like a high-end PC.

https://i.imgur.com/MQUSuzc.gif
"Poop"

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
1 month ago#47
godplaysSNES posted...
ATARIJAWA posted...
godplaysSNES posted...

Yeah, but that won't matter for just increasing the GPU bound workloads. An Xbox One game just getting its resolution increased to 1080p, 1440p or 4k and still targeting 30 FPS will still have the same CPU workload.

XXXbone does have the hardware DirectX translation, though, which would offload a lot of CPU workload to fixed function hardware.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: MangaFan462

MangaFan462
1 month ago#48
Seems about right.
Posted using GameFlux
https://i.imgur.com/Il34cSX.jpg / https://i.redd.it/zwfbqetu2b8y.jpg

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
1 month ago#49
ArcadeGuy posted...
1337toothbrush posted...
Reminder that TC is full of s*** and should never be taken seriously.

I posted a link with a dev saying X1X has equivalent GPU power of a 1070 without the overhead of Windows OS.

It still has some of that overhead, the Xbox runs a custom version of Windows 10

User Info: Deathtnks

Deathtnks
1 month ago#50
ArcadeGuy posted...
Fade2black001 posted...
troll topic

How is this a troll topic when a dev said the quote?

The Dev for game that's been in EA for like 3 years, is STILL buggy and unoptimized, AND had to resort to selling DLC for it because they have terrible money management.
Alien has stole teh 500 from me. TWICE!
I don't stop. I'm like the Energizer bunny. ~ alien_gundamneo
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Xbox One X is said to have the GPU power of GTX 1070

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived