This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting the most out of 1050 ti

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting the most out of 1050 ti

User Info: ToastyOne

ToastyOne
1 month ago#11
If you want 1080p/60fps you will need a new cpu. You can upgrade to a Phenom 2 X4 945 for about $25, it's super cheap and would be a big boost from that athlon x2.

If you want the gtx 1050ti to reach it's true potential you'll need something like a Ryzen 3 1200 + a320/b350 mobo. Should be under $200.

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#12
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
The 1050 is a 720p card. It runs out of bandwidth at higher resolutions and performance tanks

every card tanks if you go high enough

You two really think the GPU is the issue when TC is using a piece of s*** dual core AMD CPU that's over 8 years old?
Get over yourselves.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
1 month ago#13
wildog2006 posted...
halomonkey1_3_5 posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
The 1050 is a 720p card. It runs out of bandwidth at higher resolutions and performance tanks

every card tanks if you go high enough

You two really think the GPU is the issue when TC is using a piece of s*** dual core AMD CPU that's over 8 years old?
Get over yourselves.

Still more powerful than a ps4
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#14
even tho i use my 1050 ti at 720P, i know it's still pretty capable at 1080p and definately can run a lot of games at 1080P at 60FPS if you have a good CPU.

the laptop 1050 ti is about the same as the desktop 1050 ti:
https://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-1050-Ti-Notebook.168400.0.html
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#15
Whatever you do don't pick up 16gb of ram for that cpu. That would be a massive, massive waste of money for zero benefit and you won't be able to reuse it since it only supports ddr2. You'd be much better off putting that $150 towards pretty much any other cpu/mobo. Wait until Intel's new, lower end chipsets launch and get an i3 8100 or i5 8400, or even a Pentium Gold when they launch.

Another, even cheaper, option would be to pick up an old Sandy Bridge i5 workstation up off of eBay. You can get ones with a 2500 and a windows key for about $200. That's a bit dated by today's standards but it would be a night-and-day difference compared to what you have now, and still reasonably powerful.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: souljah11

souljah11
1 month ago#16
You guys are awesome. This was incredibly helpful. I'm ordering a new (old)processer, and a SSD drive. I have windows 10 downloading, I'm holding off the memory for a bit. In case I need a real upgrade of CPU and Mobo. Thanks everyone.
Romans 1:16
Philippians 4:13

User Info: revolver

revolver
1 month ago#17
souljah11 posted...
You guys are awesome. This was incredibly helpful. I'm ordering a new (old)processer, and a SSD drive. I have windows 10 downloading, I'm holding off the memory for a bit. In case I need a real upgrade of CPU and Mobo. Thanks everyone.

What did you buy?

User Info: souljah11

souljah11
1 month ago#18
revolver posted...
souljah11 posted...

What did you buy?

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3GHz Quad-Core. Research I did I believe this a drop in upgrade.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152736873477

SanDisk Ultra II 240GB SATA 6G/s 2.5" Solid State Drive.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/172931387582

Hopefully all this and windows 10 and my lowered expectations (720p@60). I should be fine for awhile. If not l will be shoping for a mobo+cp soon.
Romans 1:16
Philippians 4:13

User Info: CursedPanther

CursedPanther
1 month ago#19
souljah11 posted...
revolver posted...
What did you buy?

AMD Phenom II X4 945 3GHz Quad-Core. Research I did I believe this a drop in upgrade.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/152736873477

Wait, you bought an 8 years old CPU as an 'upgrade'? What the actual f***...?

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
1 month ago#20
SinisterSlay posted...

I had one in a budget Rig I built 5 or 6 months ago with a I3 2100. I was running all kinds of newer games at 1080p at medium to high settings getting 60FPS or near it. The only game that hit it hard was the Witcher 3 at medium settings I was getting FPS in the 40s. THE CPU was getting eaten up pretty hard though.

Also Ark but that game is optimized for crap.
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Getting the most out of 1050 ti

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived