This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

i wish if steam can let you review a game with out commenting

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i wish if steam can let you review a game with out commenting

User Info: xxBurnedManxx

xxBurnedManxx
4 weeks ago#1
if u can just up vote it from you library is enough
burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me -
https://www.g2a.com/r/user-5773b2b5edc1b

User Info: footballmanager

footballmanager
4 weeks ago#2
I agree, that would be nice, a thumbs up or thumbs down kinda thing like with youtube videos. *thumbs up*

User Info: TheGodofWine

TheGodofWine
4 weeks ago#3
The 'from your library part' sold me on the idea. I agree.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#4
the only problem i think they'd have is that it would be too easy to flip your vote. if something changes in a game a year after launch or some developer gets in trouble with harassment or something and people want to overreact and review-bomb it, its just a click of a button. at least with the current system you have to go through the effort to post a review, which will filter out some of the mob mentality masses.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: footballmanager

footballmanager
4 weeks ago#5
yohabroha posted...
the only problem i think they'd have is that it would be too easy to flip your vote. if something changes in a game a year after launch or some developer gets in trouble with harassment or something and people want to overreact and review-bomb it, its just a click of a button. at least with the current system you have to go through the effort to post a review, which will filter out some of the mob mentality masses.

Good point. Also I like the current system because it shows how many hours each reviewer played, which helps when reading reviews.

User Info: xxBurnedManxx

xxBurnedManxx
4 weeks ago#6
footballmanager posted...
yohabroha posted...

Good point. Also I like the current system because it shows how many hours each reviewer played, which helps when reading reviews.

my idea was u would still be allowed to write a review just not forced
burn me once shame on you burn me twice shame on me -
https://www.g2a.com/r/user-5773b2b5edc1b

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#7
Honestly, up/down votes or numerical scores without explanations are damn near useless.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#8
Orestes417 posted...
Honestly, up/down votes or numerical scores without explanations are damn near useless.

even more useless if you aren't able to see that person's upvote/downvote history on the game. did they upvote it for the first 200 hours of gameplay and then downvote it after some update?
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
4 weeks ago#9
you could just type one word.

thats what I do basically
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#10
I agree with having to comment, cause you don't know if ratings are bulls*** or not.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. i wish if steam can let you review a game with out commenting

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived