This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's Battlefield 1 Premium on PC?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's Battlefield 1 Premium on PC?

User Info: Fantana88

Fantana88
1 month ago#11
it_r_over9000 posted...
DLC maps always die off after a while in Battlefield because of the split community. The Russian DLC maps are pretty good for the most part which is probably why they still have people playing them but you won't be finding anything but Conquest on them most likely. I think every other mode, besides TDM probably, is dead already on those maps. I'm pretty sure the French DLC maps are already dead.

It blows my mind how EA is still not getting how dumb it is to separate your game's community like they do with their DLC maps/season passes. It's always the same pattern too. At first, the new DLC maps will be played heavily, eventually they will die out, and the (by that time) much smaller community just ends up playing the vanilla maps again.

User Info: it_r_over9000

it_r_over9000
1 month ago#12
Fantana88 posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...
DLC maps always die off after a while in Battlefield because of the split community. The Russian DLC maps are pretty good for the most part which is probably why they still have people playing them but you won't be finding anything but Conquest on them most likely. I think every other mode, besides TDM probably, is dead already on those maps. I'm pretty sure the French DLC maps are already dead.

It blows my mind how EA is still not getting how dumb it is to separate your game's community like they do with their DLC maps/season passes. It's always the same pattern too. At first, the new DLC maps will be played heavily, eventually they will die out, and the (by that time) much smaller community just ends up playing the vanilla maps again.

That's why they aren't doing it in Battlefront 2 but then that game has it's own problems which I'm sure most people are already familiar with.
i7 4770k @ 4.5 | H115i | Maximus Hero VI | Asus Strix 1080 ti | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | XFX 850w Pro Black Full Modular | 850 EVO 1TB 500GB | Seagate 1TB HDD

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
1 month ago#13
it_r_over9000 posted...
Fantana88 posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...

That's why they aren't doing it in Battlefront 2 but then that game has it's own problems which I'm sure most people are already familiar with.

Ya with how they are doing it, I would rather have a split community and pay for the maps.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Fantana88

Fantana88
1 month ago#14
captsplatter_1 posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...
Fantana88 posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...

Ya with how they are doing it, I would rather have a split community and pay for the maps.

Unfortunately, when they said they weren't going to have a season pass, we all knew there would be a serious catch.

I'll be very curious to see what they do with the next Battlefield game, if they finally go away from map packs, or some other s***ty alternative like with Battlefront.

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
1 month ago#15
it_r_over9000 posted...
Hexenherz posted...
Operations is kind of an exception - it's a bit of a crapshoot since I don't think you can just join an Operation server, and you have no information on what you're joining - you might be joining something just starting out, or something that is completely empty.

DICE recently added Operations to the server browser. Last I checked though, all the servers that were populated were European so you're looking at like 150+ ping.

I guess it depends on where you live and what your connection is. Being on the US East Coast, most European servers give me around 90-100 ping.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's Battlefield 1 Premium on PC?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived