This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

okay freaking out a little

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. okay freaking out a little

User Info: P5RSONA

P5RSONA
1 month ago#1
some months ago i just dropped about 1500 usd on a custom pc

today i boot it up but there was no signal coming on the monitor I thought okay maybe this is an hdmi trouble no problem so I swap it out with another working one and nothing

so I ended up restarting the pc and finally the picture came on.

is this a sign my video card is failing? i sincerely hope not the thing is the asus logo on the card lights up and today was no exception so any thoughts as to why?
git gud

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
1 month ago#2
What GPU do you have
What monitor do you have
Has this happened again since this initial time
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: Silvererazor

Silvererazor
1 month ago#3
Did you start your PC first and then the monitor?

Could be the monitor. Not that it's broken, it's just, that some monitors/tvs have sometimes issues, if you start the PC and then the monitor or the other way around.

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
1 month ago#4
GPU?

Monitor model?

Also, did you try using VGA or DVI instead of just HDMI? Not saying that you should stick with these if it works, but if it does work with no issues, it will rule out any problems with the monitor.
"Poop"

User Info: Rhyten

Rhyten
1 month ago#5
I once booted my quite new pc to a black screen with a flashing line. Had a "heart attack", rebooted and it has been working fine a couple of months later. Sometimes s*** just happens, if it repeats... start to worry.
Corsair RM750i | Asrock Z270 Killer SLI | i7 7700k 4.2Ghz | Zotac GTX 1080ti Amp edition 11264MB | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 2x8 GB DDR4 3000 Mhz | Acer Predator XB241H

P5RSONA
1 month ago#6
yohabroha posted...
What GPU do you have
What monitor do you have
Has this happened again since this initial time

A asus gtx 1070 turbo

and I have an lg ultrawide 79uc or something

well it has happened before but then the picture will come on like it will say no signal and then signal a few seconds later
git gud

P5RSONA
1 month ago#7
Silvererazor posted...
Did you start your PC first and then the monitor?

Could be the monitor. Not that it's broken, it's just, that some monitors/tvs have sometimes issues, if you start the PC and then the monitor or the other way around.

i started them around the same time since they’re like really close to another I hit power on the pc and not even a second after, I hit power on the monitor
git gud

P5RSONA
1 month ago#8
Cozy posted...
GPU?

Monitor model?

Also, did you try using VGA or DVI instead of just HDMI? Not saying that you should stick with these if it works, but if it does work with no issues, it will rule out any problems with the monitor.

Asus 1070 lg ultrawide 34uc79 or something

and no I only have hdmi cables atm

On a side note I also plugged the hdmi into my cpu integrated cards and that didn’t work either
git gud

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#9
Recently my monitor did that. I turned the monitor off and back on and it picked up the signal fine after that
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

P5RSONA
1 month ago#10
PhilOnDez posted...
Recently my monitor did that. I turned the monitor off and back on and it picked up the signal fine after that

My monitor auto shuts off when it doesn’t detect a signal sooo i effectively turn the monitor on and off? nothing though

again had to restart my pc and my cpu integrated card wasn’t working neither
git gud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. okay freaking out a little

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived