This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

okay freaking out a little

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. okay freaking out a little

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#11
wuts your mobo and PSU?
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
1 month ago#12
P5RSONA posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
Recently my monitor did that. I turned the monitor off and back on and it picked up the signal fine after that

My monitor auto shuts off when it doesn’t detect a signal sooo i effectively turn the monitor on and off? nothing though

again had to restart my pc and my cpu integrated card wasn’t working neither

Do you have to press the power button to turn it back on when you wake your pc from sleep? Most monitors have an auto sleep like that and turn back on when detecting input. Mine does and didn't detect the input for whatever reason so I turned it off and on again and it came back like normal, but when I say off and on I mean off and on, not a sleep and wake cycle
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
1 month ago#13
P5RSONA posted...
On a side note I also plugged the hdmi into my cpu integrated cards and that didn’t work either

Well at least that rules out your GPU having this issue, so you can rest easy knowing it's not your video card failing.

From what it sounds like at this point, it's either the monitor, or the display driver(s) for your motherboard.
"Poop"

User Info: P5RSONA

P5RSONA
1 month ago#14
PhilOnDez posted...
P5RSONA posted...
PhilOnDez posted...
Recently my monitor did that. I turned the monitor off and back on and it picked up the signal fine after that

My monitor auto shuts off when it doesn’t detect a signal sooo i effectively turn the monitor on and off? nothing though

again had to restart my pc and my cpu integrated card wasn’t working neither

Do you have to press the power button to turn it back on when you wake your pc from sleep? Most monitors have an auto sleep like that and turn back on when detecting input. Mine does and didn't detect the input for whatever reason so I turned it off and on again and it came back like normal, but when I say off and on I mean off and on, not a sleep and wake cycle

Well I hit the power button on the monitor so im pretty certain I’m turing it back on and off

if this problem creeps up again I hope not though I’ll check that out
git gud

P5RSONA
1 month ago#15
Cozy posted...
P5RSONA posted...
On a side note I also plugged the hdmi into my cpu integrated cards and that didn’t work either

Well at least that rules out your GPU having this issue, so you can rest easy knowing it's not your video card failing.

From what it sounds like at this point, it's either the monitor, or the display driver(s) for your motherboard.

Any of the two are easy fixes or easy to check?

not a very tech savvy guy tbh
git gud

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
1 month ago#16
Cozy posted...
P5RSONA posted...

Actually, no it doesn't - it shouldn't work plugging it into his integrated, unless he disables is GPU and enables integrated. With a GPU installed, most motherboards will disable the integrated video anyway.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

P5RSONA
1 month ago#17
zhenghan posted...
wuts your mobo and PSU?

mobo is an asus 270

psu is seasonic
git gud

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
1 month ago#18
P5RSONA posted...
Cozy posted...
P5RSONA posted...

Any of the two are easy fixes or easy to check?

not a very tech savvy guy tbh

I assumed you had disabled your GPU, but if you are not tech savvy, then KillerTruffle above is right.

Keeping it as simple as possible;

To make sure your drivers are fine, they can be updated easily by going to the Mobo's page. From your above post, you want the VGA driver for the 270:
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-Z270-A/HelpDesk_Download/

To test the monitor, just try a different device if you don't have other cables. Anything like a DVD player or game console will do. If it keeps doing it, even with a different device, then it's very likely it's the monitor.
"Poop"

P5RSONA
1 month ago#19
Thanks Cozy
git gud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. okay freaking out a little

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived