This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm the market for a new monitor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm the market for a new monitor

User Info: TheWarhammeronl

TheWarhammeronl
1 month ago#1
I'm looking for a monitor, an ultrawide specifically. Trying to do research is a little overwhelming.

So I have a 1080 and one of the newer i7s. So I don't know if I should go for 4k or just 1440p. Also should I worry about having a refresh rate over 60 if I probably won't run games higher than 60 fps anyway? What types of panels are the best? What's better, gsync or freesync.

I've been looking at the Acer predators.

Any advice to help me out would be great.
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
1 month ago#2
budget?
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

TheWarhammeronl
1 month ago#3
Fade2black001 posted...
budget?

I don't mind paying the money for the higher end ones that seem to be around 900
"Your opinion doesn't matter unless you support it with ACTUAL facts" Mr.Hoshaw 10th grade English teacher

Fade2black001
1 month ago#4
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA8X54R82500&cm_re=1440p_144hz_monitor-_-9SIA8X54R82500-_-Product

TheWarhammeronl
1 month ago#5
Beautiful monitor.

I am looking for an ultrawide though

Fade2black001
1 month ago#6
TheWarhammeronl posted...
Beautiful monitor.

I am looking for an ultrawide though

Why? You do realize that 98% of games if not more don't support 21:6 APR don't you?

TheWarhammeronl
1 month ago#7
I understand that.

There are ways around that and I already have a good 16:9 monitor.

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
1 month ago#8
34" 3440x1440 or bust.

Good luck with screen lottery

Why? You do realize that 98% of games if not more don't support 21:6 APR don't you?

This peasantry talk needs to stop, no one should be buying 16:9 screens anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxfsK33BWlxHgglWl9LTAYA/videos?disable_polymer=1
I'm gonna stab the s*** out of you. - Detective Castellanos, renown art critic.

User Info: HeliosMagi

HeliosMagi
1 month ago#9
I'm pretty sure 4k Ultrawides don't exist yet. 1440p 144Hz is the best you can get. Trying to play at 4k with anything less than a 1080 Ti is not recommended unless you're using multiple graphics cards in SLI, and even then it becomes dependent on whether the games you play even support SLI, with some games even running worse with SLI enabled.
"I had a classmate who legitimately expected Mario 65 to come out."
"He ate glue."

User Info: Rob_Van_Dam93

Rob_Van_Dam93
1 month ago#10
Seems like over 60hz is when it gets pricey. I got a PG348Q and I love it. The only time it gets frustrating is when the game doesn't support 21:9
PSN:SS5DEJAN
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm the market for a new monitor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived