This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people buy prebuilts with names?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do people buy prebuilts with names?

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
1 month ago#1
Just wondering. Why go to bestbuy and buy alienware or whatever?
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: CloneTheHero

CloneTheHero
1 month ago#2
with names? not sure i follow
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/laughter.gif

User Info: ryouma17

ryouma17
1 month ago#3
non PC users buy stuff like alienware because alienware puts alot of $ into marketing telling the masses they have the best PCs so all the people who dont know any better buy them thinking their getting a top of the line product.

also people like to brag about how their rich because they bought a 3000$ alienware that is worse then my 1100 $ custom built PC
http://i.imgur.com/GIugA1n.gifv

User Info: CloneTheHero

CloneTheHero
1 month ago#4
ryouma17 posted...
non PC users buy stuff like alienware because alienware puts alot of $ into marketing telling the masses they have the best PCs so all the people who dont know any better buy them thinking their getting a top of the line product.

also people like to brag about how their rich because they bought a 3000$ alienware that is worse then my 1100 $ custom built PC

its not so much about bragging than it is them just being rich and lazy and not knowing how to build their own pc. you have to be an enthusiast to put forth the effort into your build... these people typically arent enthusiasts.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/laughter.gif

User Info: JowyBlight

JowyBlight
1 month ago#5
People don't want computers named after hungry, old, Greek broads! They want names like Mustang and Cheetah, vicious animal names!
"Riou...you came. Just like you promised. ...here we are ...here once again."

User Info: thegreatsquare

thegreatsquare
1 month ago#6
Cause I live near a Microcenter and can get a good deal, whether desktop ...or preferably, laptop.
Explain why MSI needs our laptops on top of the wholesale cost they're already get from us in their GT72(s)/GT80(s) trade in program? MSI isn't to be trusted!

User Info: betatech

betatech
1 month ago#7
Some people think it's better for the warranty, support, etc or the ease of just plugging something into the mains and being done with it.

Sometimes prebuilts can be decent value, particularly if you don't plan on expanding it.
Asus P8Z77-V Pro, Intel i7 3770K 3.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, GTX 1080ti, CM 690 II. Win 10/Win8.1 x64.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
1 month ago#8
ease of use. when you have a really old custom it can be tempting to just get a "brand new" prebuilt that will work out of the box.

sure you can custom one or upgrade your existing but both of those options take more effort than just grabbing a new prebuilt that you can return if you don't like it (for example Costco has 90 day return policy). anyways if you have a lot of $ but little time, then getting a prebuilt makes sense to me.

However for me, I decided to just upgrade the GPU in my old custom and it has revived my machine. now im playing current-gen games again.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: KevinKarnage

KevinKarnage
1 month ago#9
If they want to buy it and spend their own money on it, then why not?

It serves two purposes:
- the PC buyer gets a PC they wanted
- It allows the folks on Game Faqs to feel superior and have someone to put down so they can lift themselves up.

Perfect!

User Info: digressive

digressive
1 month ago#10
I buy pre-built because I can't afford any downtime.

I do freelance work and usually have very strict deadlines.

I don't upgrade because I want the newest tech. I run my computers until there is some kind of hardware failure.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Why do people buy prebuilts with names?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived