This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Having a heck of a time with my Xbox 360 controller on MAME

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Having a heck of a time with my Xbox 360 controller on MAME

User Info: TheBorderCollie

TheBorderCollie
1 month ago#1
For some reason, no matter what I try, I cannot change the fact that the L1 and L2 buttons on my Xbox 360 controller will always open up the Configuration menu...and the R1 and R2 buttons will always open up the information tool that pops up in the top right.

I've tried doing this in both MAME 0.78 and 0.139 and I can't get it to work. What I need is an option that allows you to make the Tab button the only thing that opens up the config menu and another keyboard key the only thing that opens up the information tool...but I can't find it anywhere. Any ideas? I'm running the MAME programs through RetroArch. Every time I try to assign an action to those buttons, it activates the menus instead...and then in a game, it brings up the config and information menus every time I press those buttons.
I'm proud to acknowledge that unlike many on this site, I grow as a person and a gamer. Viewpoints change-especially after 3 years. http://imgur.com/VFDAFgN?r

User Info: 27_Sandman_40

27_Sandman_40
1 month ago#2
MAME is s*** when it comes to Xinput. But if you haven’t done so already, open up your general configuration in-game and you can try to configure the menu controls from in there. Something may have gotten f***ed up.

Also, make sure you don’t have any keymappers like Xpadder messing with your settings.
yankees ws chizzamps

User Info: TheBorderCollie

TheBorderCollie
1 month ago#3
27_Sandman_40 posted...
MAME is s*** when it comes to Xinput. But if you haven’t done so already, open up your general configuration in-game and you can try to configure the menu controls from in there. Something may have gotten f***ed up.

Also, make sure you don’t have any keymappers like Xpadder messing with your settings.

Thanks for the tips. I looked around the configuration settings and don't see anything that is messed up. But I also don't see an option to make those particular functions "keyboard only." What I ultimately need to be able to do is turn of the fact that it's using the L and R buttons to display those menus. But every time I try to change the button assignments, it refuses to accept it....it won't clear it away.
I'm proud to acknowledge that unlike many on this site, I grow as a person and a gamer. Viewpoints change-especially after 3 years. http://imgur.com/VFDAFgN?r

User Info: 27_Sandman_40

27_Sandman_40
1 month ago#4
Press delete to clear the assignment. Or it might be ESC, I forgot.

Also if your L and R buttons aren’t being detected I’d recommend getting a better version of MAME. Chances are you’re just using the basic version with the Xinput issues.

Try out MAMEUI
yankees ws chizzamps
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Having a heck of a time with my Xbox 360 controller on MAME

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived