This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

5th game special. Help me with my OCD and pick an Assassins Creed game for me.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 5th game special. Help me with my OCD and pick an Assassins Creed game for me.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
1 month ago#1
Which Assassins Creed game am I playing after Metro 2033 Redux and Clock Tower SNES? - Results (73 votes)
Assassins Creed 1
10.96% (8 votes)
Assassins Creed 2
31.51% (23 votes)
Assassins Creed 3
2.74% (2 votes)
Assassins Creed Black Flag
52.05% (38 votes)
Assassin's Creed Unity
2.74% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
If you're new to this topic, I'm trying to beat 40 5+ hours games, and 40 1-3 hour games in 4 months. I have until March 1st 2018 to do so. I can beat games pretty quickly if I set my mind to it, and I got a lot of free time, but I spend way too much time deciding what to play next, so once again, if you're willing please help me with my OCD.

Again I wanna thank everyone who has been voting and commenting on these topics. If it weren't for you guys I would have MAYBE played one game in the last few days, and likely still not have finished it.

I decided that for every 5th game I'll do something special. In this case I'm choosing the series that started off this project. Like I said before, I sat down and focused on Assassin's Creed Origins and finished it in around 15 hours, which reminded myself that I can beat games pretty quickly if I set my mind to it.

I also need to say this. I have a handful of Short games left. Please, please recommend more.

Again, here's the full list. I've updated it some today.

https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: JVolz1982

JVolz1982
1 month ago#2
This again....

User Info: thedeadman568

thedeadman568
1 month ago#3
You must be starving for attention.

XianMei
1 month ago#4
thedeadman568 posted...

I explain in the intro post why I keep making these topics.

No one's forcing you to click on them. If it doesn't interest you, just move on.

JVolz1982
1 month ago#5
XianMei posted...
thedeadman568 posted...

No one's forcing you to click on them. If it doesn't interest you, just move on.

Wouldn't it be easier to make one topic and have people choose the next 5 games you should play instead of making multiple topics and polls?

User Info: DoobleBoop

DoobleBoop
1 month ago#6
https://i.imgur.com/8H7vNT7.jpg
Save gaming! Stop the hackers!
http://tinyurl.com/zswbanh
(message deleted)

User Info: thedeadman568

thedeadman568
1 month ago#8
If you really weren't in it for the attention you'd just do this quietly. It can't be that hard to pick a game if you already narrowed them down to an easily pollable number.

I seriously doubt that anybody except you is invested in what you're trying to do, so maybe just do it on your own. The way you're handling it right now is the gaming equivalent of posting pictures of your food on instagram.

If you absolutely have to keep posting these topics, at least poll the next few games in one topic, like another poster suggested.

Also, to not be completely off-topic:
Play Black Flag, it's the best AC game by virtue of being the least like a usual AC game.

XianMei
1 month ago#9
JVolz1982 posted...
XianMei posted...
thedeadman568 posted...

Wouldn't it be easier to make one topic and have people choose the next 5 games you should play instead of making multiple topics and polls?

Hmm, elaborate on this.

As for why I'm doing this this specific way, A lot of people who don't always wanna make posts, especially lurkers, like to vote on things. It's so exciting, as I never know what's gonna suddenly rack up votes. It's also amazing how close things get.

But more importantly, it's so fascinating seeing just what I'm gonna end up playing each time. If I picked 5 games in a row, my OCD would argue with itself a lot on the order of what I'd play, and I'd go straight back to where I was before I was on this project, never finishing anything.

Also the games I put on the list are game that I'm in the mood for at the time. My desire for what to play changes every time I change games, again, choosing 5 games at once wouldn't work. This feels much more in the moment and spontaneous.

Finally, like I said, this topic isn't hurting anyone. No one has to click on these posts and vote, and yet people keep going to them and commenting on them, and you two are the first to complain.

Edit: Oh, and this topic is especially surprising. I figured that 3 was gonna win, and Black Flag didn't have a prayer. I though that Black Flag was where a lot of people thought the writing started to suffer and gave up on the series. If I had said "choose the next 5 games." I never would have put it on the list.

JVolz1982
1 month ago#10
XianMei posted...
JVolz1982 posted...
XianMei posted...
thedeadman568 posted...

Hmm, elaborate on this.

As for why I'm doing this this specific way, A lot of people who don't always wanna make posts, especially lurkers, like to vote on things. It's so exciting, as I never know what's gonna suddenly rack up votes. It's also amazing how close things get.

But more importantly, it's so fascinating seeing just what I'm gonna end up playing each time. If I picked 5 games in a row, my OCD would argue with itself a lot on the order of what I'd play, and I'd go straight back to where I was and give up on this project.

Also the games I put on the list are game that I'm in the mood for at the time. My desire for what to play changes every time I change games, again, choosing 5 games at once wouldn't work. This feels much more in the moment and spontaneous.

Finally, like I said, this topic isn't hurting anyone. No one has to click on these posts and vote, and yet people keep going to them and commenting on them, and you two are the first to complain.

I'm really not trying to be rude. I can see how this could be exciting and fascinating to you but I guarantee most people don't feel the same way.
To elaborate on my post, just list a bunch of games and have people pick 5 of them. That would at least keep you busy for a week or more.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 5th game special. Help me with my OCD and pick an Assassins Creed game for me.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived