This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Need advice on green/ purple screen in games

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need advice on green/ purple screen in games

User Info: the9OO

the9OO
1 month ago#1
Hi guys,

I was playing fortnite battle royale earlier on my brand new pc (first game I downloaded) and upon adjusting all the settings to epic, (wanted to test my 1080ti) the screen images (eg. the background and the character model) suddenly turned green and purple/ pink shades with flickering at the bottom of the screen when I clicked apply settings.

But upon exiting the game and rebooting it, everything was back to normal (at epic settings).

It didn't happen anymore since that one incident.

Is this something I should worry about?

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
1 month ago#2
No..? Unless it happens again. It might be driver not video card, or just the game itself. Did you update to newest nvidia card drivers from the net? Try different games, and for kicks and giggles lower fortnite to low settings and back to epic again and see what happens.
I'm gonna stab the s*** out of you. - Detective Castellanos, renown art critic.

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#3
For some reason, most of the time I see green/purple together (other than a few troll pictures) is when the textures didn't load and green/purple checkerboard is the default. I guess devs do that to make it obvious when a texture didn't load so they can spot it and fix it.

So yeah, sounds like you had a problem loading textures and a reboot fixed it. Other times I've seen stuff like this happen was just before a video card crapped the bed, but in that case, a reboot won't fix it and it comes back usually as the card heats up. So if you notice your temps going high and you ignore it long enough that you see this happen, then that's really bad.

Just don't let that happen and everything is cool. It was probably just a one-off occurrence though.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: the9OO

the9OO
1 month ago#4
Thanks for the replies guys. So far this problem hasn't occured again. Even setting it to low and back to epic was completely fine.

Any suggestions on a program I can use to monitor CPU and GPU temperatures?

User Info: thanthen

thanthen
1 month ago#5
MSI Afterburner with RivaTunerStatistic addon, they are free and will measure all kind of stuff and can have them display in the corner while you play.
I'm gonna stab the s*** out of you. - Detective Castellanos, renown art critic.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Need advice on green/ purple screen in games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived