This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hardware and installation issues for laptops!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hardware and installation issues for laptops!!

User Info: HieroGlyfa

HieroGlyfa
1 month ago#1
Can some one help me regarding a laptop that is ideapad 100s11iby who does not have any boot options. I formated all the partitions in wanting to skip bitlocker password to install a windows for a"friend " so now since I start the laptop no more recovery tools or any troubleshooting setting work anymore . I can enter BIOS but that is only information you cannot change any details . can somebody point me to a firmware or dos bootable something . need options ! Thank you

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
1 month ago#2
HieroGlyfa posted...
I formated all the partitions
no more recovery tools or any troubleshooting setting work

Well, of course not, your formatted them.
And if you don't know where to get a copy of windows, maybe just give it to someone that knows what they're doing.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: LB3

LB3
1 month ago#3
You formatted. A pro can save the data. Otherwise you need to get an OS and start from scratch.

HieroGlyfa
1 month ago#4
The problem is this dumb ideapad is embeed storage no hard disk. I cannot try plop boot manager cause there is no floppy or DVD CD tray either . it is like a cheap plastic with no laptop parts in . I would like to know if using the SD card tray to put some firmware or access some live program somehow

User Info: LB3

LB3
1 month ago#5
It has a usb port right? You can install an OS from a usb drive.

HieroGlyfa
1 month ago#6
Thank for the help . it doesn't boot any kind of USB . its freedos installed . I cannot figure it out. But no os can be installed because if I press f2 or f12 it ignores the boot option . let me explain how I tried to bypass the bitlocker info so nobody does this to their device . went in troubleshoot system recovery add driver and when I was browsing through . I could format the partition c d and also x . and I think X is with the instruction for the Precon figuration of the system recovery tool . unless I find a way to replace the dos data . it only gives me error at normal startup ,system recovery . boot option it says a programming is missing error 0x0000f0000 something like that . its frustrating because I know what I'm doing . the problem is its like a mobile phone circuit board inside this friends laptop .. Well thanks for opinions I think its like condoms one use only ;))

HieroGlyfa
4 weeks ago#7
I did IT in the end. I bought another one and used that one to make a recovery drive 20 something GB of files were made . I plugged it in the broken one and fixed everything . booting options preinstalled configurations to dos . and windows . now it is like brand new . thank you everyone for your support
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Hardware and installation issues for laptops!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived