This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ITS THAT TIME AGAIN: Most Overrated Game of The Year.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ITS THAT TIME AGAIN: Most Overrated Game of The Year.

User Info: bubbub01

bubbub01
3 weeks ago#81
darkus_f posted...
__starsnostars posted...
Sum_quod_eris posted...
Breath of the Wild.

Although automata was a bigger disappointment for me.

Completely agree. Was my most anticipated game. Didn't turn out nearly as well as I wanted. Not a bad game though. Music was solid.

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#82
skyrim because it was so overrated it deserves to win every year
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Perthboy

Perthboy
3 weeks ago#83
Divinity Original Sin 2
Perthboy
Mine is I-------------------this----------------------I big.

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
3 weeks ago#84
bubbub01 posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
bubbub01 posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
NGd72 posted...
BOTW is the most overrated game I have seen in the history of gaming.

8/10 maybe, but not 10/10...

Nostalgia brings ratings up too high.

If you don't actually bring up arguments to support it, aren't the "Its not 10/10, maybe a 8/10 at best" statements kind of arbitrary? I mean, it's not even agreed upon if 10/10 means a game is "flawless" in all aspects or essentially just means it does everything it sets out to accomplish and checks all of the individual reviewer needs. It's not like grading an exam, where there are objective right/wrong conditions, so we kind of need some kind of criteria. Otherwise it all boils down to "This game isn't as good as other people claim it is because I said so. Everyone else's opinion is just their opinion, but mine is more valid because reasons."

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/189707-the-legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild/75486444

I did this. No one actually cares when you try to break things down in an objective way to be analyzed.

No one cared? Looked like most of the responses actually addressed your posts and gave thier reasons for why they didn't agree with your standards for judging the game.

Three of them are TLDRs. Two people gave me an actual explanation. The other person posted "well I think it's fun" which was stupid since the topic was suppose to promote discussion. I doubt he read anything.

And the other people before them read your posts and responded in kind.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: Heisenberg312

Heisenberg312
2 weeks ago#85
Zelda BotW.
Nintendo fans were making it out like it was the second coming of Christ. It's good, sure. But it's not by any standards worth buying a console for. I say skip it, you could do without it.
Now, say my name.

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
2 weeks ago#86
Almost every AAA game to come out this year was overrated imo.

User Info: MasterTurtle

MasterTurtle
2 weeks ago#87
Haven't played it yet, but I have a strong feeling it'll be BotW. Zelda as a series seems to have a weirdly rabid fanbase who flip out if the games aren't rated high enough, I still remember the old 8.8 days.

Out of the stuff I've played, probably a tie between Nioh and Yakuza 0, both of which are solid games, just not -that- good.
Can I interest you in a...side mission?
https://myanimelist.net/profile/Fishin

User Info: Jimmys

Jimmys
2 weeks ago#88
Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey easily
What Doth Life

User Info: TrashCanNumber2

TrashCanNumber2
2 weeks ago#89
Breath of the Wild by far. So many perfect scores and game of year considerations. It doesnt even do open world or zelda better than previous open world or zelda games. Its a good game dont get me wrong but it's like a 7 at best.

User Info: Hanlo_is_back

Hanlo_is_back
2 weeks ago#90
In general, I hate the word "overrated". Something doesn't lose value because others liked something more than you did. Having said that, the circle jerking Breath of the Wild received was pretty excessive. It was a good game, but far from perfect
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of gum
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ITS THAT TIME AGAIN: Most Overrated Game of The Year.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived