This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best 4x space game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 4x space game?

User Info: footballmanager

footballmanager
4 weeks ago#1
There are many 4x space games on Steam.. Right now I'm looking at Endless Space, Stellaris, Galactic Civilizations 3.. There might be others, too. Which is the best?

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#2
Master of Orion 2. I've tried various newer ones but I always end up falling back to that one.

User Info: RainblowDash

RainblowDash
4 weeks ago#3
I haven't played too many but I absolutely adored Sins of a Solar Empire.
Ryzen 7 1700X - Sapphire RX Vega 64 - ASRock Fatal1ty X370
Samsung 960 EVO 500gb - G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16gb - Silverstone SX700 700W

User Info: Fate8

Fate8
4 weeks ago#4
Stellaris is probably the best. Master of Orion 2 is the 4x game I logged the most hours with as a child tho.
Thats because you touch yourself at night.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
4 weeks ago#5
Endless Space can be fun, but it can also be "endless." I tried for a military conquest in one game and ended up with a remaining AI civilization that was spawning 50+ ships/planet as I tried to crush its last few planets. It took 30 turns to wipe out 30 odd planets, all but 3 of that civilization's planets, but it took another 50 turns to wipe out the last three because of how many ships were in orbit around the planet combined with how many more spawned with each new turn.

Game might have changed since then, but I haven't touched it since then either. I enjoyed it quite a bit until I found myself in that situation, and to be fair it's not entirely due to the AI cheating as some of the basic mechanics in play such as the limited ability to attack a planet each turn would also apply to and benefit players.

__

Armada 2056 is a pretty fun eXplore/eXpand/eXterminate game as well. It doesn't have any sort of unit customization like Endless Space and Galactic Civilizations, but I've sunk more time into it than Endless Legend.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
4 weeks ago#6
If you've got a bit of patience and don't mind crappy graphics, Distant Worlds Universe is very good.

User Info: loader963

loader963
4 weeks ago#7
RainblowDash posted...
I haven't played too many but I absolutely adored Sins of a Solar Empire.

Play human, build javelins, profit!!! Lol this is mine as well.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

User Info: AmonAmarth

AmonAmarth
4 weeks ago#8
As others have said:

my favorite one ever with most hours was Master of Orion 2.
the best new one might be Stellaris.
i7-4790@ 3.6GHZ | GA-Z97-HD3 | ASUS GTX 960 2GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | 1TB HDD | CX750M | 12GB DDR3

User Info: Kinoringan

Kinoringan
4 weeks ago#9
Ditto on the Master of Orion 2

Take a look at Imperium Galactica and Imperium Galactica 2 too.

If you like Star Trek, Take a look at Star Trek : Birth of the Federation. Though you'll have to search for it on some abandonwares websites.

User Info: solosnake

solosnake
4 weeks ago#10
There are 3 Space 4x games worth playing

Master of Orion 2

Stellaris

Distant Worlds Universe
"We would have no NBA possibly if they got rid of all the flopping." ~ Dwyane Wade
http://i.imgur.com/MYYEIx5.gif http://i.imgur.com/WGE12ef.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 4x space game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived