This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best 4x space game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 4x space game?

User Info: Kharillle

Kharillle
4 weeks ago#11
Birth of the Federation feels different, has some amazing space battles. If you google armada fleet command you can get the installer with all the mods. I'd recommend ultimate mod 5.0. Try to avoid all the other stuff that goes with the installer. And it took me a while to get the settings right so it didn't crash during the space battles.

Space battles are fun.

MOO2 was the best. Only thing it didn't have was the automated space battles like BOTF.
No time for games so I twitch. Youtube is good. Two monitors at any one time. My graphics card ist krap.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#12
The lack of Alpha Centauri is embarrassing and you should all be ashamed. No, it's not on steam, and if that's a problem you should be even more ashamed than the rest.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
4 weeks ago#13
Alpha Centauri has aliens but it isn't in space.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#14
My two favorites have been Master of Orion 2, and Galactic Civilizations 2. Both were excellent.

Sins of a Solar empire is also great, but I guess I never quite consider it a 4x since it's more real-time.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#15
Orestes417 posted...
The lack of Alpha Centauri is embarrassing and you should all be ashamed. No, it's not on steam, and if that's a problem you should be even more ashamed than the rest.

Yeah, it's a great game, but I view it more as Civilization on an alien world as opposed to actually in space.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
4 weeks ago#16
Fair enough. I consider colonization of a non-terrestrial planet to be firmly in the "Space" genre but I can see how a more strict interpretation wouldn't.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: Renraku_San

Renraku_San
4 weeks ago#17
Imperium Galactica 2.
I worship Jesus Christ and am 100% proud to be Christian!
I read the Bible every day, you should too!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best 4x space game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived