This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does the Xbox One X make you feel as a PC gamer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does the Xbox One X make you feel as a PC gamer?

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
4 weeks ago#1
I played several games on the X this weekend: Assassin's Creed Origins, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Gears of War 4, Call of Duty WW2, Forza 7.

Gamers compared this 6TF to the GTX 1060 and RX 480/580 and I can say with owning both cards in the past that there is no way either can produce a native 4K image with very high to ultra settings this like at a stable 30+FPS.

The only cards that seem to really be above this console is a GTX 1080, 1080 Ti, and Vega 64 as of 2017.

2018 cards should offer more power but for 2017 this power in a console is shocking.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
4 weeks ago#2
Glad, games will perhaps take better advantage of my hardware sometime sooner.
Why Master_Faust can't see any posts on PCH: http://i.imgur.com/Ns93rhC.png

User Info: farigonti

farigonti
4 weeks ago#3
K

User Info: ArcadeGuy

ArcadeGuy
4 weeks ago#4
wizardmon posted...
Glad, games will perhaps take better advantage of my hardware sometime sooner.

I was thinking the same.

User Info: Mr kitty

Mr kitty
4 weeks ago#5
ArcadeGuy posted...

Gamers compared this 6TF to the GTX 1060 and RX 480/580 and I can say with owning both cards in the past that there is no way either can produce a native 4K image with very high to ultra settings this like at a stable 30+FPS.

Those GFX card aren't part of the PC master race. Both GTX 1060 & RX480/580 are low end GFX card.
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrDeapGamingMedia

User Info: MELENTIA

MELENTIA
4 weeks ago#6
Last I checked my 1060 maxed out GTAV at 4K with 50fps+ and I have an i5 2500k. I don't doubt the Xbox's power or delivery, but the games are far more optimized for that console than they are for the billions of different PC hardware configurations.

Look at Forza for example, it's not well optimized, so no matter what your PC is, the best place to play it is on Xbox by default.

Other then Forza though the only semi demanding game you listed is Assassins. The rest of those games can easily be maxed out at 4K with a GTX 1060, unless were actually looking at graphical settings that exceed what Xbox delivers on like 16xAA etc.... When you factor in those PC settings that surpass what Xbox delivers, then yes you run into issues.

The real treat for me would be the 4K player, as I'm starting to get a collection of 4K's I still can't watch. The problem is I won't game on Xbox as all the games are available on PC... They should have kept their exclusives to sell consoles, because if they had I probably would have bought one for Forza, and State Of Decay 2. I still think a Mid-Generation console for $500 is a hard sell.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 weeks ago#7
Powerful. My pc wipes the floor with xbx.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: boochy

boochy
4 weeks ago#8
I have a 5820k and a 1080ti and a 1440p 34" ultrawide. I bought a One X to play some games with my buddies. Sure, it's a beastly console, but nothing compares to 100+ FPS on the PC.
Steam - Duck Tales LOL
Intel I7 5820k(4.4ghz)- 16GB Corsair Vengeance - EVGA 1080ti - Alienware 34" Curved 3440x1440 Ultrawide Gsync 120hz monitor

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
4 weeks ago#9
nothing really. whatever the console does doesn't affect me as a sole PC gamer.

User Info: Hypertext_Eye

Hypertext_Eye
4 weeks ago#10
Don't care. Why should I?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does the Xbox One X make you feel as a PC gamer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived