This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How does the Xbox One X make you feel as a PC gamer?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does the Xbox One X make you feel as a PC gamer?

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
4 weeks ago#51
That said, what people fail to mention is that both the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro share the same issue. Patches for 4K or 1080p performance still need to come from the 3rd party developers. 1st party will do a good job of taking care of patches but 3rd party is a different thing.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 weeks ago#52
Xbx doesn't get true modding capabilities. That alone makes it far, far, far worse than a pc of equal price. Far worse.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: Noyack

Noyack
4 weeks ago#53
my 1070 runs AC better than the X
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
4 weeks ago#54
Terantatek posted...
Xbx doesn't get true modding capabilities. That alone makes it far, far, far worse than a pc of equal price. Far worse.

That's preference. See my previous comment about preferences/superiority.

Noyack posted...
my 1070 runs AC better than the X

A 1070 is far more powerful than the GPU in the X.

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#55
Seems like a lot of people also forget that consoles are sold at a loss. Yeah, you can't build a PC for $500 that can do 4K that well. But that's because the Xbox One X should cost more than it does. But they take a loss on it in favor of getting more people to buy their games/exclusives on it. And then we factor in all the things a PC can do that a console can't. I'm all for consoles getting better, but they still lag far behind in a lot of ways. These companies upgrading their hardware instead of waiting for the next generation shows that. This isn't a new gen of consoles, it's just an upgrade of what they already put out. Sort of like upgrading your PC.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
4 weeks ago#56
Doesn't make me wanna get one but quite nice to hear most older Xbone/BC games run smoothly and at 60fps 1080p.

Still, I'm sticking to PC + portables all the way. My PC is usually being used for work mostly, though it's there for gaming should I want to. All in one package, just the way I like it. Maybe I'll get one of these living room media center type consoles once my girl and I get a bigger place.
"Poop"

User Info: Son Of Spam

Son Of Spam
4 weeks ago#57
I'm glad that it is going to push graphics more, but otherwise I'm apathetic to it. It may be able to play games at 4k and all that, but the Xbox One platform is still sorely lacking in exclusives.
15 years on Gamefaqs, and I still don't have a signature.

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 weeks ago#58
Arleas, hahaha, that image....
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#59
JustAndrew88 posted...
consoles are sold at a loss

Not always. Sometimes they're sold at a loss at first and then several hardware revisions later they can make a profit.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2006/11/8239/
That shows that the PS3 was a bigtime money sink but the Xbox 360 was revised to make a profit.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/10/nintendo_switch_wont_be_sold_at_a_loss_two_million_units_to_ship_in_time_for_march That says the switch isn't sold at a loss... I think the Wii made a profit too, but the Wii U was sold at a loss.

But yeah, they generally make their money off of game licensing fees more than anything so losing some money on the console isn't bad if that results in the owner buying a ton of games.

JKatarn posted...
Arleas, hahaha, that image....

Heh... It cracked me up when I heard they named the "upgrade" the Xbox one X... I mean, the Initials spell XBOX again (X Box One X)... ever since they jumped straight from the 1st one to the 360 it's like they're trying really hard to name their stuff funny.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#60
Well to be fair the Switch isn't trying to be cutting edge hardware. Nintendo is always years behind consoles in terms of graphics. They typically aim for gameplay over aesthetics. If they pushed to where the PS4/XBO are they'd probably be sold at a loss as well.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How does the Xbox One X make you feel as a PC gamer?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived