This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think FF15 will actually require windows 10 to run?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think FF15 will actually require windows 10 to run?

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#21
darkus_f posted...
Apex_Predator posted...
170 GB.... holy s***

This is my main concern actually. :/

Compress it with this
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/75895934
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: Chaos_Missile

Chaos_Missile
4 weeks ago#22
Samurai_Man posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
yohabroha posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
FFXV runs on PS4 and not Xbone
AFAIU, PS4 is NOT using an architecture like Windows the way Xbone is.

Therefore, FFXV requiring Win10 to run is as truthful as Microsoft telling us that Vista was required to run Halo 2.

uhhh FFXV is on Xbox One

I...actually did not know that(thought it was PS4 exclusive. Seriously, why do developers keep wasting money porting RPGs to a console primarily known for pewpew Western games?)

My point still stands.

Oh nvm... Obvious troll is obvious

No, seriously. I did not realise FFXV WAS on the Xbone until that post which I then re-verified myself.

Are you seriously calling someone a troll just because you disagree with their opinion?

It is also a fact that people buy Xbox consoles mainly for shooters.
Tell me: who actually bought it for JRPGs? Was it not Halo/CoD/Gears of War that people get an Xbox for? You actually bought an Xbox to play FF? Did Type-0 not sold the worse on the Xbone?

Even in Japan, I heard apparently most people reluctantly bought the 360 if only for Tales of Vesperia.
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008

User Info: youngfossil

youngfossil
4 weeks ago#23
darkus_f posted...
Apex_Predator posted...
170 GB.... holy s***

This is my main concern actually. :/

This 170gb download was proven false. There isnt a confirmed size yet
While I may not agree with your opinion, I will defend to the death your right to have it.

User Info: phy2jsh

phy2jsh
4 weeks ago#24
Samurai_Man posted...
NecroAether posted...
Just gonna post the REAL requirements! The day the game was announced fake requirements were posted. These are the real requirements. Keep in mind these were taken from the Windows 10 App Store. A Steam version is also coming that supports DX11.
http://www.game-debate.com/news/23964/final-fantasy-xv-system-requirements-arent-as-demanding-as-previously-claimed

Final Fantasy XV Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz
RAM: 8 GB System Memory
GPU RAM: 2GB Video Memory
GPU: GeForce GTX 760 or Radeon R9 280
HDD: TBC (170GB Originally Announced)
DX: DirectX 12

Final Fantasy XV Recommended System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz
RAM: 16 GB System Memory
GPU RAM: 6GB Video Memory
GPU: GeForce GTX GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 580

This makes so much more sense.... I showed this too my roomate and he literally flipped s*** because he's never seen a game recommend 11GB of VRAM

He literally flipped s***? You need a new roommate.

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
4 weeks ago#25
phy2jsh posted...
Samurai_Man posted...
NecroAether posted...
Just gonna post the REAL requirements! The day the game was announced fake requirements were posted. These are the real requirements. Keep in mind these were taken from the Windows 10 App Store. A Steam version is also coming that supports DX11.
http://www.game-debate.com/news/23964/final-fantasy-xv-system-requirements-arent-as-demanding-as-previously-claimed

Final Fantasy XV Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Intel Core i5-2400 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-6100 3.3GHz
RAM: 8 GB System Memory
GPU RAM: 2GB Video Memory
GPU: GeForce GTX 760 or Radeon R9 280

Final Fantasy XV Recommended System Requirements
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 3.1 GHz or AMD FX-8350 4.0GHz
RAM: 16 GB System Memory
GPU RAM: 6GB Video Memory
GPU: GeForce GTX GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 580

This makes so much more sense.... I showed this too my roomate and he literally flipped s*** because he's never seen a game recommend 11GB of VRAM

He literally flipped s***? You need a new roommate.

It's a figure of speech lol, he has a 1080ti in his rig hes just NEVER heard of a game needing 11GB of VRAM
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

User Info: yohabroha

yohabroha
4 weeks ago#26
using "literally" with a figure of speech is the reason people are sick of the word literally. figure of speech = figuratively, literally the opposite of literally.
"Myself I am a PC Gamer but I am forced to keep this side of me hidden because of who I am and my brand integrity." - dan_fs

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
3 weeks ago#27
In what world does an 8 core ryzen=a 4 year old 4 core
In terms of single core performance ryzen>3770
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#28
Um, you do realize you posted the "recommended", not the "minimum" requirements, right? Also, cripes, if they're recommending 11GB of VRAM, that makes me very nervous about the quality of this port. Then again, knowing what I do about the game I would only buy it on a deep discount at $5-10 or so out of
curiosity anyway.

*edit* - ah, erroneous requirements, makes sense.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#29
A nitpick since it came up in this topic. "Uncompressed" assets would be pointless and a waste of space. Higher quality or lossless assets are better; uncompressed makes zero real world sense.

SnakePlisken94 posted...
In what world does an 8 core ryzen=a 4 year old 4 core
In terms of single core performance ryzen>3770

Ryzen surpassed expectations in narrowing the gap. Intel was so insanely ahead of AMD's prior architecture but Intel's single core performance gains have been so almost inconsequential the last few years that yes the 3770's single core performance is still very good.

A quick search (though small sample size obviously) shows they are in fact comparable in single core power.

User Info: rpgian

rpgian
3 weeks ago#30
170gb? I hope to god the Japanese use compression technology for the download for once. Or allow you to not dl 70 gigs of different languages.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think FF15 will actually require windows 10 to run?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived