This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think FF15 will actually require windows 10 to run?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think FF15 will actually require windows 10 to run?

User Info: The_Undying_84

The_Undying_84
3 weeks ago#31
nominturddaddy posted...
They should offer two versions:

- A 170gb version for those of us who like uncompressed games (but if it has multi-language bloat dump that s***)

- A compressed turd for everyone else.

It's Final Fantasy 15, you're getting a turd whether you compress it or not.
bloop

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
3 weeks ago#32
Chaos_Missile posted...
yohabroha posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
FFXV runs on PS4 and not Xbone
AFAIU, PS4 is NOT using an architecture like Windows the way Xbone is.

Therefore, FFXV requiring Win10 to run is as truthful as Microsoft telling us that Vista was required to run Halo 2.

uhhh FFXV is on Xbox One

I...actually did not know that(thought it was PS4 exclusive. Seriously, why do developers keep wasting money porting RPGs to a console primarily known for pewpew Western games?)

My point still stands.

Because the previous three games obviously sold well enough on the 360 (XII trilogy) for them to consider the Xbox version worth the investment. No, they don't sell as well as on PlayStation but they clearly make more money than they cost to port

User Info: Rand_Aybara

Rand_Aybara
3 weeks ago#33
Chaos_Missile posted...
Samurai_Man posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
yohabroha posted...
Chaos_Missile posted...
FFXV runs on PS4 and not Xbone
AFAIU, PS4 is NOT using an architecture like Windows the way Xbone is.

Therefore, FFXV requiring Win10 to run is as truthful as Microsoft telling us that Vista was required to run Halo 2.

uhhh FFXV is on Xbox One

I...actually did not know that(thought it was PS4 exclusive. Seriously, why do developers keep wasting money porting RPGs to a console primarily known for pewpew Western games?)

My point still stands.

Oh nvm... Obvious troll is obvious

No, seriously. I did not realise FFXV WAS on the Xbone until that post which I then re-verified myself.

Are you seriously calling someone a troll just because you disagree with their opinion?

It is also a fact that people buy Xbox consoles mainly for shooters.
Tell me: who actually bought it for JRPGs? Was it not Halo/CoD/Gears of War that people get an Xbox for? You actually bought an Xbox to play FF? Did Type-0 not sold the worse on the Xbone?

Even in Japan, I heard apparently most people reluctantly bought the 360 if only for Tales of Vesperia.

I'd love to see some proof of this "fact"

Just so you know, the biggest sellers on both PlayStation and Xbox are shooters so saying "all the best selling Xbox games are shooters" is not a valid argument.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#34
There's really not any good argument for complaining about ports to systems one isn't interested in. It's paranoid at best (like the 'oh noes FFXIII was downgraded for the Xbox 360 nonsense) or control freakish at worst. The entire notion of 'port begging' as an insult is rooted in incredibly egocentric nonsense. People ask for games on their system of choice? Wow what a revelation, how awful! (Sarcasm)

Graphics have been good enough for me for many years now. Everything else is fluff. That doesn't mean I don't like them (I am considering a rather expensive upgrade right now) but the notion of games being 'held back' is ridiculous to me. There are a few very specific examples where that my be the case. For most genres, the PS3/Xbox 360 if not earlier would be enough to execute the game play concepts. There are exceptions for AI and other factors that couldn't be done on weaker hardware, but for the most part it's graphics and there is nothing wrong with the minimum graphics supporting the majority of the audience. That's just simple business sense.

User Info: Combo Master

Combo Master
3 weeks ago#35
BearShrooms posted...
So the minimum system requirements are higher than the original system the game released on? I smell a s***ty port incoming.

Isn't that always the case? Consoles will always run games better if you have the same specs for your pc as you do the console
Combo Master

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#36
It's not only that but that the PC version does more than what the consoles could handle as well.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Do you think FF15 will actually require windows 10 to run?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived