This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted c

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted c

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
4 weeks ago#31
wonder how many of these people bothered to get a refund?
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
4 weeks ago#32
Now if only these downvotes amounted to people taking a stand and not only not buying the game, but not pirating it or indeed having anything to do with it.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: blacknight06

blacknight06
4 weeks ago#33
MasteroftheArts posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Retrowire posted...
"I wonder if Burger King wants to sell me a sense of pride and accomplishment by making me work 10 hours for my f***ing fries."

Probably the best comeback I've read in years.

Lol? equating "work" to playing a game? What a dumbass comment..

Well, it's clear you missed the entire point of the comment.

No, I totally get that it's a sarcastic deflection. Let's just bring up Burger King, from an entirely different industry, and let's imagine they made me "work" for 10 hours before giving me my fries. Totally the same as Battlefront 2 lootboxes.. >.>

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#34
footballmanager posted...
I'm with EA on this. I see nothing wrong with Darth Vader being unlockable after a few dozen hours of playing. *shrug*

unless they changed the system from beta, your ability to play as hero characters in this game is based entirely on your skill level (and some luck), unlike the previous Battlefront game where it was all luck based (you'd pick up a booster from the ground that let you respawn as the hero).

So you're playing to unlock the possibility of even playing as that character, unless you're playing the hero battle mode.

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#35
blacknight06 posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Retrowire posted...
"I wonder if Burger King wants to sell me a sense of pride and accomplishment by making me work 10 hours for my f***ing fries."

No, I totally get that it's a sarcastic deflection. Let's just bring up Burger King, from an entirely different industry, and let's imagine they made me "work" for 10 hours before giving me my fries. Totally the same as Battlefront 2 lootboxes.. >.>

The implication is that he paid for the combo meal but still has to jump through extra hoops to get the fries >_>.

User Info: footballmanager

footballmanager
4 weeks ago#36
Hexenherz posted...
I'm with EA on this. I see nothing wrong with Darth Vader being unlockable after a few dozen hours of playing. *shrug*

your ability to play as hero characters in this game is based entirely on your skill level

That actually sounds pretty cool; only the heroes of the game (the highly-skilled few) can play as the heroes in the game.

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#37
Hexenherz posted...

your ability to play as hero characters in this game is based entirely on your skill level

That actually sounds pretty cool; only the heroes of the game (the highly-skilled few) can play as the heroes in the game.

I mean the system itself is logical but a little unforgiving to players who just aren't that good at the game since they'll likely never play as the hero in game.

edit: Also look at videos of people (at least in the beta) racking up ridiculous kill streaks with the hero characters...
It almost seems like a better system would be to give players under a certain score threshold in the match to spawn as the characters.

User Info: Bleu_Skie

Bleu_Skie
4 weeks ago#38
MarceloSampaio posted...
SinisterSlay posted...
The correct way to protest is to ignore the game entirely and let ea make no money at all.

I did my part.

In fact, I've been ignoring EA for the last 21 years. Last EA game I bought was Crusader: No Regret.

Last I bought was Alice. The original, not madness returns.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/BleuSkie
It's important to know what the rules are first, so that, when you decide to break them, you can better judge the effect.

User Info: blacknight06

blacknight06
4 weeks ago#39
Hexenherz posted...
blacknight06 posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Retrowire posted...

The implication is that he paid for the combo meal but still has to jump through extra hoops to get the fries >_>.

right, because food is the exact same thing as a video game experience with multiplayer >.>

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
4 weeks ago#40
Sad part is the game is actually fun, I'm not gonna cancel my preorder but I'm definitely bummed.

Altleast they can't cuck us with DLC every month, once you level your skills up loot boxes are useless
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted c

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived