This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted c

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted c

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
4 weeks ago#41
blacknight06 posted...
Hexenherz posted...
blacknight06 posted...
MasteroftheArts posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Retrowire posted...
"I wonder if Burger King wants to sell me a sense of pride and accomplishment by making me work 10 hours for my f***ing fries."

Probably the best comeback I've read in years.

Lol? equating "work" to playing a game? What a dumbass comment..

Well, it's clear you missed the entire point of the comment.

No, I totally get that it's a sarcastic deflection. Let's just bring up Burger King, from an entirely different industry, and let's imagine they made me "work" for 10 hours before giving me my fries. Totally the same as Battlefront 2 lootboxes.. >.>

The implication is that he paid for the combo meal but still has to jump through extra hoops to get the fries >_>.

right, because food is the exact same thing as a video game experience with multiplayer >.>

You don't exactly know what a comparison is, do you?
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#42
SilentHawk29 posted...

Come on, man - everybody knows that you only make comparisons if the two things are EXACTLY equal. Sure, then it's redundant to make the comparison, for you are describing something as an exact equivalent, thus there is nothing new you can show but them's the rules.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: blacknight06

blacknight06
4 weeks ago#43
SilentHawk29 posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Hexenherz posted...
blacknight06 posted...
MasteroftheArts posted...
blacknight06 posted...
Retrowire posted...
"I wonder if Burger King wants to sell me a sense of pride and accomplishment by making me work 10 hours for my f***ing fries."

Probably the best comeback I've read in years.

Lol? equating "work" to playing a game? What a dumbass comment..

Well, it's clear you missed the entire point of the comment.

No, I totally get that it's a sarcastic deflection. Let's just bring up Burger King, from an entirely different industry, and let's imagine they made me "work" for 10 hours before giving me my fries. Totally the same as Battlefront 2 lootboxes.. >.>

The implication is that he paid for the combo meal but still has to jump through extra hoops to get the fries >_>.

right, because food is the exact same thing as a video game experience with multiplayer >.>

You're one of those people on Reddit that just upvotes anything and everything that sounds so cool and sooo clever, aren't you? You must love all of them asinine comparisons that just conveniently throw all context out the window.

blacknight06
4 weeks ago#44
vlado_e posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...

Come on, man - everybody knows that you only make comparisons if the two things are EXACTLY equal. Sure, then it's redundant to make the comparison, for you are describing something as an exact equivalent, thus there is nothing new you can show but them's the rules.

LOL you're so funny! No one is asking for the "things" to be exactly equal. Good comparisons shouldn't have the context entirely removed from the conversation, but thanks for the sarcastic comment anyway.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#45
Why do these companies think they can get away with this crap?

Look no further than GameFAQs PC message board.

We've got tons of idiots here who defend loot boxes, microtransactions for single player games, heh - we had people defending horse armor here.

And THAT is why these companies continue to do it.
The morons of society enable them.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: d209999

d209999
4 weeks ago#46
Born Lucky posted...

We've got tons of idiots here who defend loot boxes, microtransactions for single player games, heh - we had people defending horse armor here.

Because a reddit circle jerk is a much more effective method of eliciting change.
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#47
d209999 posted...
Born Lucky posted...

Because a reddit circle jerk is a much more effective method of eliciting change.

I rest my case
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: d209999

d209999
4 weeks ago#48
Born Lucky posted...
d209999 posted...
Born Lucky posted...

I rest my case

That crying on the internet is stupid, pathetic, and pointless? You've proven that in the most millennial way possible. Congrats
"If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month." - Theodore Roosevelt

User Info: Hexenherz

Hexenherz
4 weeks ago#49
blacknight06 posted...

You're one of those people on Reddit that just upvotes anything and everything that sounds so cool and sooo clever, aren't you? You must love all of them asinine comparisons that just conveniently throw all context out the window.

oh man I would love to read your comparison of this microtransaction fiasco with any other situation now.

blacknight06
4 weeks ago#50
Hexenherz posted...
blacknight06 posted...

oh man I would love to read your comparison of this microtransaction fiasco with any other situation now.

Where did I write a comparison? Why would I even write one? I can discuss the situation just fine without needing to be a sarcastic jerk to some EA representative. But enough deflecting please, everyone. To praise that redditor's comment, where he demeaned the discussion with a comparison that is lacking the context of the situation, is insulting.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted c

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived