This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted c

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted c

User Info: Andreas2402

Andreas2402
3 weeks ago#91
b-b-but it'f ftar warf!
The bigger the lie, the more they believe

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
3 weeks ago#92
blacknight06 posted...
it makes no sense to remove the context of the situation

You keep saying this. So can you explain exactly what context was removed?
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

User Info: arleas

arleas
3 weeks ago#93
BearShrooms posted...
Theres a couple people ignoring how EA dropped the prices of heroes after their stocks tanked today from the outcry yesterday.

From what I've heard, they dropped the price, but they also didn't change how long it takes to earn it...so it's no real change.

It'd be like you complaining that a loaf of bread costs $100, so they drop the price to $50 and cut your wages in half as well.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 weeks ago#94
arleas posted...
BearShrooms posted...
Theres a couple people ignoring how EA dropped the prices of heroes after their stocks tanked today from the outcry yesterday.

From what I've heard, they dropped the price, but they also didn't change how long it takes to earn it...so it's no real change.

It'd be like you complaining that a loaf of bread costs $100, so they drop the price to $50 and cut your wages in half as well.

And not only that, but the option to pay cash money to bypass the in-game grind is still there as I understand it, and that's the bigger problem.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 weeks ago#95
The change isn't as bad as it's made out to be. The 75% reduction in earnings is just a one time thing. The first time you complete the campaign you got a crate with 20k credits. Now it's 5k. There's also a cap on earnings in arcade mode, but you should still be getting roughly the same for normal matches.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: blacknight06

blacknight06
3 weeks ago#96
SilentHawk29 posted...
blacknight06 posted...

Literally a couple posts before yours I said that I already did that. Maybe go read my posts. I'm tired of responding to people who don't bother to read.

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
3 weeks ago#97
blacknight06 posted...
You're the one that doesn't get it. I guess the comment worked for you. It sounds cool and clever but it's actually not. It's an a****** response perfect for pandering to the angry mob that is reddit.

Nope, I fully understand what an analogy is. This is a valid analogy.

blacknight06 posted...
No, I'm not. That's moronic. Maybe read the rest of my posts in the thread.

Read them. They're just as clueless as your first one.

blacknight06 posted...
Lol. Playing video games is "work"? & How much did he pay for that meal? Was the content without the fries worth what he received? For all you know, the singleplayer campaign in Battlefront 2 plus the already unlocked multiplayer content is worth the asking price. I mean, I see people on here all the time praising Wolfenstein II for their $60 ~8 hour campaign. Is Burger King also gonna give the guy a free Whopper later on or maybe a new location to eat at? Will they keep the restaurant open for years or will they close down next month??
^^ That's called initiating a discussion. Not some witty comparison that over-simplifies the situation and doesn't even even share the same context.

No, it's called sophistry in order to avoid conceding the fact that you either didn't understand the analogy and are now invested in your position that it's a stupid comment when everyone but you agrees it isn't, or you want to hate it because you don't like Reddit. I could respond to each and every point you made and how it has jack s*** to do with the discussion we're having, or is just plain false, but you'd just say that it "ignores the context".

We're done. You've already dug your own grave in this topic and managed to piss everyone off by being the token contrarian that invariably pops up whenever there's a huge popular backlash because it makes them feel novel and unique.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

blacknight06
3 weeks ago#98
MasteroftheArts posted...
Nope, I fully understand what an analogy is. This is a valid analogy.

The matter was never whether the analogy is "valid". Either you can't even understand what is being discussed or you're trying to deflect or derail the discussion into something I never said.

Read them. They're just as clueless as your first one.

Again, I never said it's not a "valid" analogy. lol Even a technically valid analogy isn't necessarily a good one or the best for the situation. If you can't even understand what the issue is, don't bother responding.

No, it's called sophistry in order to avoid conceding the fact that you either didn't understand the analogy and are now invested in your position that it's a stupid comment when everyone but you agrees it isn't

The only people avoiding conceding are those like you that insist on deflecting and leading the discussion away from what was originally stated and dreaming up s*** like "valid analogy"l

I could respond to each and every point you made and how it has jack s*** to do with the discussion we're having, or is just plain false, but you'd just say that it "ignores the context".

Knock yourself out. That's what discussions are for. At least it wouldn't just be some a****** simplistic response like the original Reddit comment that was being discussed.

We're done. You've already dug your own grave in this topic and managed to piss everyone off by being the token contrarian that invariably pops up whenever there's a huge popular backlash because it makes them feel novel and unique.

Oh I'm sorry for not getting on the whiner train with all the haters... I'll try not to be a "token contrarian" next time. I'll make sure to look out for those AAA game reps addressing the community so that I can be a b**** and respond to them with witty Burger King analogies 'cause that's what everybody likes, right?

User Info: SilentHawk29

SilentHawk29
3 weeks ago#99
blacknight06 posted...
SilentHawk29 posted...
blacknight06 posted...

Literally a couple posts before yours I said that I already did that. Maybe go read my posts. I'm tired of responding to people who don't bother to read.

Where? What post number? Let me guess, you're going to come back with how I can't read and need to go find it myself (which I did go through all of your posts by the way). Only thing you bring up about context, is the lack of it, not actually saying what context is lacking. And by the way, you can't "add" context to someone else's analogy. Lacking context would be omitting information.

blacknight06 posted...
Again, I never said it's not a "valid" analogy.

You insinuate such by stating its not comparable due to not having context. Context only you seemingly can see was omitted.
Steam - SilentHawk29 || Z170-A, G1 GTX 1080, i5 6600K, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4
My car (on fire): http://i.imgur.com/ZoeZJ1b.jpg

blacknight06
3 weeks ago#100
SilentHawk29 posted...
Where? What post number?

Wow, i find it unbelievable that you didn't see it so you must be purposefully ignoring things for your convenience. Now literally a post ago someone already quoted it
Let me guess, you're going to come back with how I can't read and need to go find it myself (which I did go through all of your posts by the way).

I never said you can't read. I said you didn't bother to read. NOW I'm starting to think that you actually can't read..
you can't "add" context to someone else's analogy. Lacking context would be omitting information.

Do you mind rephrasing this? 'cause I have no idea what the hell you're saying. How can an analogy not be improved by adding details.. ? You're just making stuff up at this point.. Lol.

You insinuate such by stating its not comparable due to not having context. Context only you seemingly can see was omitted.

I never stated "it's not comparable." You sure love to make stuff up. I said it was a dumbass comment and that buying a meal at Burger King and having to "work" for ten hours for my fries was not sufficiently similar to buying Battlefront 2 and playing the game to receive lootboxes. At least not without being more detailed. I guess the original comment in question from the redditor was sufficient for you. Now I know people just want whatever is witty and simplistic.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. EA's response on Battlefront II Pay-To-Win scheme now Reddit's most downvoted c

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived