This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

games that will be looked back on in 20 years as our age's mario 3s

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. games that will be looked back on in 20 years as our age's mario 3s

User Info: Yewolife

Yewolife
4 weeks ago#21
If Mario3 is the comparison, honestly Dark Souls really is the perfect answer. Bloodborne could easily correlate with Super Mario World, while Dark Souls series for Mario 3. Theres no escaping how people now correlate battle mechanics as "dark souls like" the way platformers for the mario series were. Sure the series wont be as played as say Mario 20 years from now, but it's footprint I think may very well be the similar compared to any other title.

Can easily list some good games, but honestly none I think really would raise to that mario3 kind of status. Especially any western titles (though only in my book honestly).

Haha that said I also think games like Breath of the wild and Mario odessy will also pretty darn well regarded 20 years from now.

User Info: OptimusRekt

OptimusRekt
4 weeks ago#22
Um...

um...

a Suda51 game maybe? KILLER IS DEAD. There we go. I'm sure that'll be remembered for a long time, I know it'll haunt my dreams for 20 years. Much like how Mario in that silly raccoon costume does now.

Also, you misspelled Mario 2. Mario 2 is the best. Both the actual Mario one and the one they sent to America as a copy of another game. I had way more fun with that copied Mario 2 game than Mario 1 or 3.
"Too fast for freedom, sometimes it all falls down, these chains never leave me, I keep dragging them around..." - Delilah by Florence Welch

User Info: Fade2black001

Fade2black001
4 weeks ago#23
Charged151 posted...
Nier Automata deserves a mention. It is the best game I have played in quite some time.

No it does not, The story of the game is beyond f***ed up and do not see why people keep praising this crap
Put on a smile cause Jesus loves you

User Info: Noyack

Noyack
4 weeks ago#24
Witcher 3
Posted using GameFlux

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 weeks ago#25
SchoolRumble posted...
i highly doubt undertale will be looked back on

It will be looked back on and laughed at. Just like all this politically correct bulls*** going on right now.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
4 weeks ago#26
wildog2006 posted...
SchoolRumble posted...
i highly doubt undertale will be looked back on

It will be looked back on and laughed at. Just like all this politically correct bulls*** going on right now.

lol ok see u in 20 years

User Info: Superemppu

Superemppu
4 weeks ago#27
Minecraft is most likely the most influential game of the past decade
If brute force doesn't fix the problem, you're not using enough of it.

User Info: wentzelot

wentzelot
4 weeks ago#28
Superemppu posted...
Minecraft is most likely the most influential game of the past decade

that's a pretty good example. i was thinking gta in general could qualify but none in particular have stood out compared to the others

User Info: chandl34

chandl34
4 weeks ago#29
Dark Souls, sure. Undertale, probably not. Undertale is a crappy version of Earthbound, and Earthbound only managed to become a cult classic.
... even on Earth Mode.

User Info: The-19th-Sparta

The-19th-Sparta
4 weeks ago#30
People look back to the 80s and think of Super Mario Brothers. Others look to the 90s and think of Ocarina of Time and Final Fantasy 7. The current adults look back to the 00s and remember Halo 2.

The current generation of young gamers will look back to this decade and remember DLC, microtransactions and loot crates.
"The land beneath the sky..."
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. games that will be looked back on in 20 years as our age's mario 3s

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived