This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Name a game that has soured your fun of video games (temporarily or permanently)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Name a game that has soured your fun of video games (temporarily or permanently)

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
4 weeks ago#41
Not on video games in general but on a series.

FF13
Halo ODST
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 2
Dragon Age 2
YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ArkonBlade/videos
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
4 weeks ago#42
Permanently off RPGs? That sounds drastic... I don't think any one game would make me stop playing a certain type of games temporarily much less altogether. It's like a bad movie, you would just stop playing it.

User Info: SaiDucc

SaiDucc
4 weeks ago#43
Assassins Creed 3 and onwards. I got sick of those type of games, like I actually just hate 'em now. It's like I was playing a great game and then they slowly started dumbing down everything and with the combat - specifically the ease of countering, I felt I was done with this series and any game like it.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
4 weeks ago#44
Mass Effect 3's ending and THEN Mass Effect Andromeda.

Mass Effect is without a doubt my favorite video game series/setting/concept. In a time where gaming was starting to become somewhat difficult for me to stay interested in, Mass Effect made me feel like a kid again. The ending was so obviously rushed by corporatism that it took everything that I knew was starting to go wrong with the gaming industry and gave me a giant "eff you" right there to piss all over that story.

Then Andromeda came along. All of those promises and even the fixed version is a stupid janky shadow of what the original ME trilogy was.

User Info: AceFan84

AceFan84
4 weeks ago#45
SaiDucc posted...
Assassins Creed 3 and onwards. I got sick of those type of games, like I actually just hate 'em now. It's like I was playing a great game and then they slowly started dumbing down everything and with the combat - specifically the ease of countering, I felt I was done with this series and any game like it.

Yep it's Assassin's Creed 3 for me. I enjoyed the series and played almost every game in it before ACIII came out....I forced myself to play all the way thru it even though it was AWFUL. It killed any love I had left for the franchise, haven't played an AssCreed game since.
Now Playing: F1 2017 (PC), Destiny 2 (PC), NBA 2K18 (PS4), Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)
Last Finished: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Switch)

User Info: ZERO2936

ZERO2936
4 weeks ago#46
Deus Ex Invisible War I think. Also ME3 to a degree.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#47
ZERO2936 posted...
Deus Ex Invisible War I think. Also ME3 to a degree.

ME3 was only because of the ending, you did enjoy the ride though right?
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 weeks ago#48
AceFan84 posted...
SaiDucc posted...

Yep it's Assassin's Creed 3 for me. I enjoyed the series and played almost every game in it before ACIII came out....I forced myself to play all the way thru it even though it was AWFUL. It killed any love I had left for the franchise, haven't played an AssCreed game since.

Black Flag is one of the best in the series if not the best. The more recent ones are pretty meh but if you haven't played Black Flag you are doing yourself a disservice.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Shion, Zeis
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Name a game that has soured your fun of video games (temporarily or permanently)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived