This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"B-b-b-b-b-but it's only cosmetics"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "B-b-b-b-b-but it's only cosmetics"

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#11
thelocalhentai posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
In valve games, boxes don't offer anything in terms of actual stats.
And yea, it's just cosmetics. You can't gain an advantage with them, so if people want to open boxes, let them.
What? It's advantageous as f***, cosmetics are probably the most p2w option for endgame.

Team fortress 2, only the weapons might be, but they are more like side grades (at worst) or novelty. Didn't notice any advantages and the only ones that matter are easly obtainable.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: jake-sf

jake-sf
4 weeks ago#12
m0986-8 posted...
gwizzler posted...
Vote or die

Where is the "lootboxes are only cosmetics that ensure future dlc characters, stages, etc are free" option? Because the game that I play that uses lootboxes works like this.

Yeah, um... I feel like we can't even say that anymore.

Overwatch's system is perfect in principle because its only cosmetic and we get all the actual content for free forever, for everyone.

This has been the problem since the dawn of DLC whining: there is no middle ground for the morons like TC. Meanwhile far more disgusting games, especially those that start F2P, get next to no whining.

f***ing idiots.
SFJake Website - http://sfjake.byethost7.com

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
4 weeks ago#13
Path of Exile does microtransactions the best imo. The game is 100% free and you pay for what you get. No random bulls***.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

User Info: grand_commander

grand_commander
4 weeks ago#14
PrincessTsuki posted...
In the one game I play that has them (Overwatch), I only buy the event lootboxes. Those holiday skins look really nice.

Ah, so you only buy the limited edition loot boxes. Nice self-control. I wonder how Blizzard can even keep the lights on.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#15
Did I miss some big lootbox issue or something? Because I still have the opinion that costmetic-only lootboxes are still fine - if it doesn't change the actual gameplay in any way, or give players a leg up somehow, there's no problem with them. Especially the way Overwatch does it, where you earn lootboxes for playing, or can choose to buy them if you're impatient or just have disposable income and feel like it.

If lootboxes start to contain things that affect gameplay directly - weapons, upgrades, characters, etc. - then it becomes pay2win, and I'm not OK with that. The line has always been right there for me, and I'm not aware of any recent developments that have changed that...

And from that angle, this so-called "poll" is just bloody stupid.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: vlado_e

vlado_e
4 weeks ago#16
KillerTruffle posted...
Did I miss some big lootbox issue or something?

It's just a microtransactions tangent following the EA thing.

KillerTruffle posted...
And from that angle, this so-called "poll" is just bloody stupid.

I'd say that's true for any angle.
We do what we must / because we can. / For the good of all of us. / Except the ones who are dead.

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
4 weeks ago#17
gwizzler posted...
What are you loot box apologists doing now?

Well i'm not an apologist but I would imagine they're sitting at their PC's laughing at all the babies crying about lootboxes.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: MMG_

MMG_
4 weeks ago#18
Never cared about those things.

Still don't (was never interested in buying Battlefront 2).
BORED TO DEATH. I'm bored, I'm bored, I'm bored. I am bored.
http://i.imgur.com/sprnlxX.gif

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
4 weeks ago#19
The satisfaction of shills directly correlates with the quarterly profits of the companies, so they're actually ecstatic.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/

User Info: thelocalhentai

thelocalhentai
4 weeks ago#20
captsplatter_1 posted...
thelocalhentai posted...
GunmaN1905 posted...
In valve games, boxes don't offer anything in terms of actual stats.
And yea, it's just cosmetics. You can't gain an advantage with them, so if people want to open boxes, let them.
What? It's advantageous as f***, cosmetics are probably the most p2w option for endgame.

Team fortress 2, only the weapons might be, but they are more like side grades (at worst) or novelty. Didn't notice any advantages and the only ones that matter are easly obtainable.
Well because scrubs like you don't think about fashion. Fashion is the real endgame for games with lootboxes and paying money to get stuff is obviously p2w.

:P
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "B-b-b-b-b-but it's only cosmetics"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived