This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"B-b-b-b-b-but it's only cosmetics"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "B-b-b-b-b-but it's only cosmetics"

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
4 weeks ago#31
pothocket posted...
Oh, I'm sorry. When you said "slog" I thought you referring to how much of a grind it was.

I mean it is. Especially in comparison with the rest of the game, unless you got SUPER lucky along the way. But it's not so much that it IS a grind, so much as you can pay, in a single play game, to skip a grind that is there only to artificially inflate play time, bore you, and put your attention to the loot boxes
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 weeks ago#32
daemon_dan posted...
a grind that is there only to artificially inflate play time

And I don't think that's true. I didn't even bother with the lootboxes that much because I prefer my own orcs but everything I've seen of the in-game store feels very unpolished. Like it was a last minute addition. So I believe the dev when they say the game had no lootboxes during playtesting phase of development. Their statement is consistent with my own experiences in the game and there's no denying the store is extremely bare-bones with hardly anything to it.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

daemon_dan
4 weeks ago#33
pothocket posted...
daemon_dan posted...
a grind that is there only to artificially inflate play time

And I don't think that's true. I didn't even bother with the lootboxes that much because I prefer my own orcs but everything I've seen of the in-game store feels very unpolished. Like it was a last minute addition. So I believe the dev when they say the game had no lootboxes during playtesting phase of development. Their statement is consistent with my own experiences in the game and there's no denying the store is extremely bare-bones with hardly anything to it.

So you're saying that a grind that feels nothing like the rest of the game wasn't an unpolished, last minute thing to go along with the other last minute, unpolished thing? I'm glad you can believe that but I really really can't.
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#34
But the real question is, does the actual end game/final boss/whatever suck as horribly as it did in the first game? Because the first game pretty well builds you up to expect an epic final boss battle, including a pretty solid mid-boss fight, and then you get to the end and it's all sucked away like "Nope. Just kidding. Here's a cheesy little stealth thing and a single QTE instead!"

The final boss of the first game literally dropped my opinion of the game as a whole considerably... It was entertaining enough, with solid enough build up, that I'd have given it 9/10 easily. After the final boss, I wouldn't give it higher than 6/10, and that's pushing it. That's how pissed I was at the end that the rug got pulled out from under me like that.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Voidgolem

Voidgolem
4 weeks ago#35
Lootboxes as a concept are fine.

how EA has implemented lootboxes is s***.

I don' t think you'll be able to find anybody on either side of the aisle that'd disagree.
https://i.imgur.com/Uiyemc7.jpg

User Info: SnakePlisken94

SnakePlisken94
4 weeks ago#36
Even if it's just cosmetics I am still not going to support the company.
Unless the game is f2p no form of micro transactions is ever acceptable, period.
I will do everything in my power to actively hurt these corporations.
just your typical butthurt basement dweller

daemon_dan
4 weeks ago#37
Voidgolem posted...
Lootboxes as a concept are fine.

how EA has implemented lootboxes is s***.

I don' t think you'll be able to find anybody on either side of the aisle that'd disagree.

And Activision
and WB

User Info: RhapsodyRage

RhapsodyRage
3 weeks ago#38
SnakePlisken94 posted...
Unless the game is f2p no form of micro transactions is ever acceptable, period.

Smartest post in the topic.

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#39
RhapsodyRage posted...
SnakePlisken94 posted...

Smartest post in the topic.

It's not smart in the slightest because it is so extreme and blind to the specifics of each game. If you look at say Guild Wars 2 a game like that needs continuing income to survive. Rather than charge a subscription they sell minor conveniences and cosmetic items. That seems like a very fair way of doing things.

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
3 weeks ago#40
Voxwik posted...
It's not smart in the slightest because it is so extreme and blind to the specifics of each game. If you look at say Guild Wars 2 a game like that needs continuing income to survive. Rather than charge a subscription they sell minor conveniences and cosmetic items. That seems like a very fair way of doing things.

Guild Wars is F2P. I have no problem with microtransactions in F2P games. If your free game is good enough to where I play it regularly, I'll gladly buy some premium currency or something. I did this with ArcheAge before I stopped playing. BF2 isn't F2P, Shadow of War isn't F2P, Overwatch isn't F2P, CoD isn't F2P, etc. They have no right charging $60 ($70+ for the complete game) with loot boxes on top of that. I'm not even cool with seeing cosmetics behind some sort of paywall, but I can tolerate it, so long as they aren't hidden in loot boxes.
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "B-b-b-b-b-but it's only cosmetics"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived