This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"B-b-b-b-b-but it's only cosmetics"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "B-b-b-b-b-but it's only cosmetics"

User Info: m0986-8

m0986-8
3 weeks ago#41
SnakePlisken94 posted...
Even if it's just cosmetics I am still not going to support the company.
Unless the game is f2p no form of micro transactions is ever acceptable, period.
I will do everything in my power to actively hurt these corporations.

How about if in exchange all future dlc such as character and maps are free?
7700K 4.5GHZ | GTX 1070 | 16 GB RAM 3000MHZ | Samsung Evo 500GB | Asus Z170 A-R

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
3 weeks ago#42
gwizzler posted...
Voxwik posted...
It's not smart in the slightest because it is so extreme and blind to the specifics of each game. If you look at say Guild Wars 2 a game like that needs continuing income to survive. Rather than charge a subscription they sell minor conveniences and cosmetic items. That seems like a very fair way of doing things.

Guild Wars is F2P. I have no problem with microtransactions in F2P games. If your free game is good enough to where I play it regularly, I'll gladly buy some premium currency or something. I did this with ArcheAge before I stopped playing. BF2 isn't F2P, Shadow of War isn't F2P, Overwatch isn't F2P, CoD isn't F2P, etc. They have no right charging $60 ($70+ for the complete game) with loot boxes on top of that. I'm not even cool with seeing cosmetics behind some sort of paywall, but I can tolerate it, so long as they aren't hidden in loot boxes.

It's Buy to Play, unless you are using that interchangeably.

As for things like niche series' like "Tales of..." I have mixed feelings. They nickle and dime (to put it lightly) for costumes for that series, but then again it's a genre that didn't explode like many others did over the last couple decades and I don't mind them offering expensive cosmetic extras as long as they don't affect the design of the primary game. It is true (whether the feeling is wrong or not) that it seems like games have shifted things to micro-transactions that used to be unlockable though. I despise that big publishers most often let genres die rather than use budgets that make sense.

Despite their earlier games being successful, the developers of Divinity: Original Sin 2 had to resort to Kickstarter because all publishers demanded they make an action RPG rather than a turn based game. Granted Larian isn't doing micro-transactions.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
3 weeks ago#43
I love microtransactions. I get stuff other people dont.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
3 weeks ago#44
daemon_dan posted...
For those living under a rock:
Lootboxes in both Shadow of War, Battlefront 2, and CoD: WW2 give you actual P2W elements, and what's worse about CoD is that to open a loot box, you're thrown into a lobby where people WATCH you open it. In Battlefront 2, to get upgrade cards, you need to get loot boxes. You can earn them with in-game money, but the way it's set up is set to make it grindy as hell to get it in-game. So you can just buy them outright. Also, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker originally cost like 80 dollars each of corresponding in-game money, or you can grind for them. 40 hours each. While not getting lootboxes with that in-game currency to upgrade what you DO have.

Sounds like what everyone went through in GTA. Make everything absurdly difficult to get, forcing you to buckle under the pressure, say f*** it and buy a Shark card.

$12,000,000 for a vehicle? C'mon, bruh.
Currently playing: Escape From Tarkov (EOD)
Coming Soon: Monster Hunter World (PC) | Street Fighter V: AE (PC)

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 weeks ago#45
gwizzler posted...
Vote or die

No. Get more in your life.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: gwizzler

gwizzler
3 weeks ago#46
JKatarn posted...
No. Get more in your life.

Get more...........................what? Is this some sort of meme I haven't seen yet?
"If the animals can find the strength, why can't we?" - Casey Foster

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
3 weeks ago#47
@daemon_dan posted...
Lootboxes in both Shadow of War, Battlefront 2, and CoD: WW2 give you actual P2W elements, and what's worse about CoD is that to open a loot box, you're thrown into a lobby where people WATCH you open it. In Battlefront 2, to get upgrade cards, you need to get loot boxes. You can earn them with in-game money, but the way it's set up is set to make it grindy as hell to get it in-game. So you can just buy them outright. Also, Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker originally cost like 80 dollars each of corresponding in-game money, or you can grind for them. 40 hours each. While not getting lootboxes with that in-game currency to upgrade what you DO have.

I know about them in Shadow of War & Battlefront 2 but I wonder what are the P2W elements in COD: WW2? I had some mild interest in it because I liked WaW.
GTX 1080|i7-7700|DDR4 3200mhz|500GB 850 EVO

User Info: daemon_dan

daemon_dan
3 weeks ago#48
FFT-Fan posted...
@daemon_dan posted...

I know about them in Shadow of War & Battlefront 2 but I wonder what are the P2W elements in COD: WW2? I had some mild interest in it because I liked WaW.

Loot boxes that give you boosts
"Don't you know our lives are on trial now? And if we lose, we're going straight to Hell! I could care less."
~DevilDriver: I Could Care Less

User Info: FFT-Fan

FFT-Fan
3 weeks ago#49
daemon_dan posted...
FFT-Fan posted...
@daemon_dan posted...

Loot boxes that give you boosts

Oh I see. Is it the supply drops?

They had them in past & IIRC so did battlefield but it was negligible stuff like some extra attachments(base game still giving some options anyways).

Did they make it be unfair stuff extra health / extra DPS / get killstreaks with way less kills?
GTX 1080|i7-7700|DDR4 3200mhz|500GB 850 EVO
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. "B-b-b-b-b-but it's only cosmetics"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived