This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about playing steam games on an ipad...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about playing steam games on an ipad...

User Info: burdi1ar

burdi1ar
4 weeks ago#1
Look, i know nothing about computers so excuse my ignorance. But I'm wondering, can i put vista on an ipad in order to use steam to download and play star wars battlefront 2 (2005)? And be able to connect some kind of controller via Bluetooth? I don't have a pc and my wife's lap is garbage unfortunately but i figure i could use her ipad if this is at all possible. Again, excuse my ignorance.
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#2
No. iOS devices are not able to run Windows - they're an entirely different type of computer.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

burdi1ar
4 weeks ago#3
KillerTruffle posted...
No. iOS devices are not able to run Windows - they're an entirely different type of computer.

Ok i kinda figured as much. Somehow i figured it might be possible to run an os within another os or something like that. Thanks
"Good night, I'll see you in your dreams, I'll be the clown holding a knife standing over your bed"- Stephen Colbert

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#4
burdi1ar posted...
KillerTruffle posted...

Ok i kinda figured as much. Somehow i figured it might be possible to run an os within another os or something like that. Thanks

I believe someone has found a way to emulate Windows XP on some of the newest iOS devices, but even just Windows itself is horribly choppy, and it's a version far too old to play any modern games on at all. It's more of a thing to do just to say you did it, not useful for gaming.

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
4 weeks ago#5
Just get a real computer.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 weeks ago#6
Sorry tc, only Android devices can do this.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

burdi1ar
4 weeks ago#7
SinisterSlay posted...

I don't suppose i could download steam onto my galaxy note 4 than could i? And play it there?

KillerTruffle
4 weeks ago#8
burdi1ar posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

I don't suppose i could download steam onto my galaxy note 4 than could i? And play it there?

I dunno... a Note 4 is pretty old, and I don't know how current it would need to be. I'd be skeptical.

And regardless, again, it's going to run like utter crap. Seriously. You say your wife's laptop is "garbage," but I guarantee it'll run Windows better than anything you'll get out of a tablet that was never specifically designed to run Windows in the first place. Especially an older one.

Note that installing Windows 8 on your tablet would definitely void the warranty, but a Note 4 is probably old enough the warranty's already expired anyway.

https://www.wikihow.com/Install-Windows-8-on-an-Android-Tablet

burdi1ar
4 weeks ago#9
KillerTruffle posted...
burdi1ar posted...
SinisterSlay posted...

I dunno... a Note 4 is pretty old, and I don't know how current it would need to be. I'd be skeptical.

And regardless, again, it's going to run like utter crap. Seriously. You say your wife's laptop is "garbage," but I guarantee it'll run Windows better than anything you'll get out of a tablet that was never specifically designed to run Windows in the first place. Especially an older one.

Note that installing Windows 8 on your tablet would definitely void the warranty, but a Note 4 is probably old enough the warranty's already expired anyway.

https://www.wikihow.com/Install-Windows-8-on-an-Android-Tablet

Ok thanks to everyone.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Question about playing steam games on an ipad...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived