This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to admit Quantum is faster

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to admit Quantum is faster

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#1
In fact , it's a lot faster.
Just updated an hour ago.
I think Mozilla did a good job on this.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#2
is it faster than chrome?
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Pauken

Pauken
4 weeks ago#3
Eh, Waterfox is better.

Mostly because of legacy addons, but also because thanks to utilizing multiple 64-bit cores it beats the snot out of FF's performance.

User Info: Born Lucky

Born Lucky
4 weeks ago#4
zhenghan posted...
is it faster than chrome?

Yes it is .
Also it looks better, and has practical new features.
Corsair 550D/ Gigabyte Z170X Gaming3 / Vengeance 16GB DDR4 2666 / i-5 6600k / MSI Twin Frozr VI GTX 1060 / Thermaltake NiC C5

User Info: Knighted Dragon

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#5
Does Quantum have support for the common addons? Like NoScript and Greasemonkey and Ublock Origin being mandatory obviously
Proverbs 3:5 & Galatians 2:20 & John 14:6
http://i.imgur.com/heRqmfH.jpg

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#6
Knighted Dragon posted...
Does Quantum have support for the common addons? Like NoScript and Greasemonkey and Ublock Origin being mandatory obviously

It supports them, yes, the add-on devs just have to make new versions to work with it. Greasemonkey and uBlock Origin have both updated for the new version. NoScript is supposed to be updating some time today.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#7
Firehog has been dragging pretty bad for a while now for me, so it would be quite a welcome update for it to be more bearable. Especially on my work laptop, dear goodness, it takes like 2 minutes to open and will come to a complete crawl by the end of the day.

My gaming desktop has enough power to ignore Firefox even when it's using 2-3 gigs of RAM, but Firefox itself seems to crash at the 3 gig mark. Which is weird, a month ago it was at the 2 gig mark when Firefox would just give up the ghost

Knighted Dragon
4 weeks ago#8
Does Quantum run as a stand alone browser, or will it replace old Firefox? I'm scared of it killing all my apps and settings, but I would like to try it

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#9
Quantum is still Firefox. It will overwrite your current build if you update your current Firefox.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to admit Quantum is faster

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived