This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to admit Quantum is faster

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to admit Quantum is faster

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#41
https://www.google.ca/amp/mashable.com/2017/11/15/google-chrome-vs-firefox-quantum.amp
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
4 weeks ago#42
JustAndrew88 posted...
Your own words are basically saying Chrome isn't that impressive either. If Chrome is the fastest browser, and Firefox has just beaten it/matched it in a lot of tests that would mean Chrome isn't that impressive.

No, my words are saying that playing catchup to a Browser that's been the fastest for a year isn't impressive. Vega 64 which launched at virtually the same price that the 1080 was (maybe a little cheaper) essentially trades blows in DX12 games and gets pretty roundly beaten in DX11 games, despite the 1080 being over a year old. Vega 64 isn't impressive at all.

When you're behind for so long and come out with a new product that supposedly is way faster, you expect it to be easily ahead of the pack. I doubt this will even put a dent in Chrome's dominance in desktop usage.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: JustAndrew88

JustAndrew88
4 weeks ago#43
It also comes with the added bonus of ya know, not being spied on by Google. So I think I'll take that plus the speed.
You don't understand. Edgar is the one in the hole.

User Info: MasteroftheArts

MasteroftheArts
4 weeks ago#44
JustAndrew88 posted...
It also comes with the added bonus of ya know, not being spied on by Google. So I think I'll take that plus the speed.

You're free to go full opsec by running incognito mode with a vpn and search through duckduckgo all on your VPS that you bought using bitcoin if you want. I prefer to actually enjoy my online experience and not constantly worry about some nebulous big brother collecting my location analytics.
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
4 weeks ago#45
I'm actually very impressed. It doesn't launch as fast as Chrome but it does launch immensely faster. It's fast to the point where I'd take the milliseconds difference for Firefox. For me, Firefox renders pages more accurately & I love their new built in screenshots tool as well as the privacy mode which I depend on more so than Google's privacy mode.

Yes, I know that Chrome has addons and yes, they are installed.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
4 weeks ago#46
zhenghan posted...
https://www.google.ca/amp/mashable.com/2017/11/15/google-chrome-vs-firefox-quantum.amp

notice how their favorite websites include "CNN" and "Nytimes" LMAO

User Info: o0stoneduk0o

o0stoneduk0o
4 weeks ago#47
I have switched over. It feels more modern, like how chrome always felt more modern when compared to any other browser. If chrome gets better I will switch back.
I don't smoke dope, I don't drink bourbon, all I want to do is shake my turban.

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#48
MasteroftheArts posted...
JustAndrew88 posted...

You're free to go full opsec by running incognito mode with a vpn and search through duckduckgo all on your VPS that you bought using bitcoin if you want. I prefer to actually enjoy my online experience and not constantly worry about some nebulous big brother collecting my location analytics.

Me too, which is why I use Firefox.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Sonorous_Jon1S8

Sonorous_Jon1S8
4 weeks ago#49
Firefox devs need to learn "not being google" and "being slightly faster than google" isnt f***ing enough to make people use your browser. Customization is the heart of the browser, start supporting it better. When you cant even be arsed to put an about:config preference for tabs below the address bar or the necessary APIs for add-on devs to implement it you have a problem.

User Info: Perthboy

Perthboy
4 weeks ago#50
Question:
How to use quote. Old firefox > temporarly allow Gamefaqs and I could quote people now it doesn't work at all.
Perthboy
Mine is I-------------------this----------------------I big.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I have to admit Quantum is faster

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived