This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard Bans Overwatch Player For Playing Only One Character

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Blizzard Bans Overwatch Player For Playing Only One Character

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
2 months ago#61
G_U_G posted...
The developers even went so far as to blame the community’s “toxicity” as the reason why they are unable to make new content for Overwatch.

Not exactly... they said it's slowing them down, because many of the dev team are having to prioritize figuring out ways to fight toxicity in the game rather than just make new stuff. They've been having to add things like the ability to report toxic players on console, etc., which are still new game features, just not ones that add gameplay. They didn't say "we're not going to develop new game content any more because players are toxic." They said "development of new game content has been slowed down because we're having to spend too much time developing ways to combat in-game toxicity."
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: Gojak_v3

Gojak_v3
2 months ago#62
BombermanGold posted...
Okay, that's just being beyond stupid.

Considering yer personal rank is based mostly on how the team plays I don't have a problem with this. Overwatch is literally glorified rock, paper, scissors. You need to counter what the other team does. In essence if you are only playing one hero you are gonna f*** over a lot of teammates where playing torb would be a complete liability to the team (read most of the time as he is only good on defense usually). I would consider being this completely intransigent as a type of griefing. Remember personal sr is determined in large part by how the team plays. Playing only torb is easily f***ing over at least half the teams he plays on. This is all assuming he's doing it in comp. If it's qp then it's bulls*** cause that's the mode to f*** off in.

Edit: Yeah it was comp, so fair, next.
http://i.imgtc.com/rIZcfGBEt8.png

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#63
developers and players take games too seriously. That is a dumb reason to ban someone because he was throwing a game. I'm glad I don't play games with these stupid ass rules.
See The Game Collection
http://people.ign.com/nights_team2k7/games

Gojak_v3
2 months ago#64
sonicteam2k1 posted...
developers and players take games too seriously. That is a dumb reason to ban someone because he was throwing a game. I'm glad I don't play games with these stupid ass rules.

This is a dumb post. It's comp. There are 5 other players looking to improve in comp and you have an a****** actively making them lose. There is no higher fair, next than throwing. You'd have more of a leg to stand on going the only playing one hero route is a bulls*** ban.

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#65
Gojak_v3 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

This is a dumb post. It's comp. There are 5 other players looking to improve in comp and you have an a****** actively making them lose. There is no higher fair, next than throwing. You'd have more of a leg to stand on going the only playing one hero route is a bulls*** ban.

it's a video game, join another game, get over it
See The Game Collection

Gojak_v3
2 months ago#66
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

No you have s*** opinion. It's literally comp the "try hard" mode. Want to f*** off they have a mode for that too.

sonicteam2k1
2 months ago#67
Gojak_v3 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

No you have s*** opinion. It's literally comp the "try hard" mode. Want to f*** off they have a mode for that too.

why are you so triggered at my s*** option?
See The Game Collection

User Info: Killah Priest

Killah Priest
2 months ago#68
immature response to an immature player.

this is video games tho so its expected...
The Infamous...
If you're one of us then roll with us.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
2 months ago#69
sonicteam2k1 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
sonicteam2k1 posted...

Tell that to idiot who insists on joining ranked games and greifing everyone if he doesn't get his way. Just because you don't understand competitive play doesn't mean you got to look down on those who do.

Since you didn't contribute anything to the topic I'll give you a better comment to replace your dumb one with: So why not just ban this guy from playing in ranked games? Just limit him to arcade modes and quick-match. Seems weird this isn't possible and they have to ban him completely.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#70
Throwing in ANY mode should be grounds for a ban, starting with temp bans and working up to permanent. That s***'s not acceptable behavior in any team based game ever.
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Blizzard Bans Overwatch Player For Playing Only One Character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived