This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Blizzard Bans Overwatch Player For Playing Only One Character

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Blizzard Bans Overwatch Player For Playing Only One Character

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
3 weeks ago#91
Orestes417 posted...
wizardmon posted...
Orestes417 posted...
You're ignoring the fact that A. the vast majority of matches aren't high level and neither are the people complaining

?? The torb in question was in low-to-mid-masters.

yeah and the principle applies to the entire playerbase. The torb in question should be banned because he was a throwing jackass and that's where the story ends.

The article and the commenters on the article said that you can see his streams and he didn't have problematic behavior. The article even states that the forum leads did not agree with the ban.

Surprisingly, many of Blizzard’s high-rep loyalists did not agree with the company’s decision.

Many actually deferred to live-streams from Fuey500 for evidence that he was not behaving as badly as Blizzard claimed, and asked Blizzard to provide evidence to justify banning Fuey500.

A few more rebutted that this was not a good look for Blizzard because some people only main a single character.

User Info: Amakusa

Amakusa
3 weeks ago#92
randomoaf posted...
The article and the commenters on the article said that you can see his streams and he didn't have problematic behavior. The article even states that the forum leads did not agree with the ban.

It's been established on the very first page that the article is wrong so why are you bumping this back up?
I will rule the world, and find that truly good cup of coffee.

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
3 weeks ago#93
Amakusa posted...
randomoaf posted...

It's been established on the very first page that the article is wrong so why are you bumping this back up?

Oh really so why is it that the comments section, PcGamesN (which is linked on their page) and this thread says the total opposite?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7c6951/gm_torb_main_fuey500_got_banned/?st=ja1xviwk&sh=c22c4081

Here is a comment upvoted with 134 points
Fuey is one of the nicest people streaming OW. I really don't get how those being toxic live on their stream don't get banned, while this innocent guy who is also #1 Torbjörn gets banned for playing a hero that isn't considered optimal. By the way he also plays Reinhardt.

still want to say 1st page people are right?
(message deleted)

User Info: strat10

strat10
3 weeks ago#95
it_r_over9000 posted...
I've played once with that guy. It was either in quick play or arcade but he was pretty good. Still, one tricking has been a problem for a while now, especially torb and symmetra one tricks.

Huge issue people quickly judge and think they are trolling. tbh we are not playing against or playing with pros . You can win with different characters in worse situation. It's stupid these days how gamers can't even come up with there own solution they need someone to hold their hands. You just simply build your own team if you can't put up with this or move on and continue to play.

In fact I do not like the person who throws temper tantrum about it because they are just as bad. Even if you take one tricks you still have the person who gets angry over small things.

User Info: nominturddaddy

nominturddaddy
3 weeks ago#96
This whole thing reminds me of when Blizzard banned Swifty.
My current setup: https://i.imgur.com/c8xbRW0.png
Some of my gamer cred: https://i.imgur.com/RVpcz3Z.png

User Info: Edavy89

Edavy89
3 weeks ago#97
randomoaf posted...

How are you so ignorant? That's not what a forum lead is.

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
3 weeks ago#98
Good. If you are jumping into a Competitive mode for a Team Oriented Game, and you are only picking a single character, even if it's at the expense of the rest of the team composition, you should be penalized if the team as a whole is upset by it. People don't b**** about 1 tricks who actually dominate with their character(for the most part, in most cases), so the only people who are really affected by this are the ones who just HAVE TO show off thier 1337 Genji/Hanzo/Junkrat main skills even when the team's Mercy is outputting more damage.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?

User Info: GeminiX7

GeminiX7
3 weeks ago#99
strat10 posted...
it_r_over9000 posted...
I've played once with that guy. It was either in quick play or arcade but he was pretty good. Still, one tricking has been a problem for a while now, especially torb and symmetra one tricks.

Huge issue people quickly judge and think they are trolling. tbh we are not playing against or playing with pros . You can win with different characters in worse situation. It's stupid these days how gamers can't even come up with there own solution they need someone to hold their hands. You just simply build your own team if you can't put up with this or move on and continue to play.

In fact I do not like the person who throws temper tantrum about it because they are just as bad. Even if you take one tricks you still have the person who gets angry over small things.

Yeah, but when you one trick in Comp, even if it's below Gold rank, you're essentially forcing your team to build around you, especially if you are running a character that is much more niche than most tanks/healers(Torb, for example), or more or less forcing them to play 5v6 while you practice your fundamentals with your so-called main. If it's something like QP or Arcade, that's fine, but in Comp you are potentially screwing over 5 other people simply because Competitive Team-Oriented Game translates to "f*** the team, my own 'fun' matters more than the other 5 people's combined".

Yeah, some people will complain even if you are carrying the team with your 1 trick pick, but let's be honest, that's not usually how these situations play out. If someone is absolutely destroying with Genji or Hanzo, for instance, people aren't usually going to be screaming in outrage over the choice. At most it'll be that your team is still losing through no fault of your own(which is usually pretty obvious if it's something like bad tanking/heals) and uses you as a scapegoat, but again, in my experience in this game since it's release, that's rarely the case.
MSI Z97| Intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Cosair Vengence @ 1600 |Radeon R9 390 8GB
Who gave you permission to talk to me, mongrel?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Blizzard Bans Overwatch Player For Playing Only One Character

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived