This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would you do if EA bought Steam AND GOG?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would you do if EA bought Steam AND GOG?

User Info: Golden_Gonads

Golden_Gonads
4 weeks ago#21
I'd wonder what strange alternative dimension I've strolled into. That said, I have no qualms about Origin (or UPlay). All these storefronts are just the same and people who whine 'but me want all me games in one list because I'm lazy!!!!!!' just make me shake my head in pity.

User Info: r0xm2n

r0xm2n
4 weeks ago#22
1.) I'd lose faith in humanity.
2.) I'd turn into a hardcore pirate.
This has been another (probably) uselessly informative post, by me. Booyah!
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrEvilbyte

User Info: stav8

stav8
4 weeks ago#23
EA is in no way bigger than steam

Steam is huge and lord gave is one of the richest men on the planet. Let that sink in. It's more likely that gave would swallow EA
NZXT Stormforce 240:16GB DDR4 RAM:Core i5 6600k: GTX 1060 6 GB: 2TB SSHD:2TB HDD:128 GB SSD:AS ROCK Z170 EXTREME 4; CORSAIR 750W: THERMALTAKE 3.0 LIQUID COOLING

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#24
Start backing up my software library and downloading the appropriate means to continue playing it.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud

User Info: Boge

Boge
4 weeks ago#25
I would probably pirate all my games from then on.

I actually can't remember the last EA game I played. I think it might have been Battlefield 2142.
With deeper knowledge and experience, everything becomes more shallow.

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
4 weeks ago#26
I would get a top level, executive job at EA and start skimming from the micro transaction profit pool.

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 weeks ago#27
Well if what EA has done to countless other companies they have bought happens to Valve. Then we would see Valve die in 2-3 years and some other company would pick up the slack and release something like Steam.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Shion, Zeis

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
4 weeks ago#28
stav8 posted...

Steam is huge and lord gave is one of the richest men on the planet. Let that sink in. It's more likely that gave would swallow EA

Nah, EA is bigger EA has a total value of about 7.7 billion, meanwhile Valve is worth about 2.5 billion. If Valve was way bigger then EA wouldn't have even put up an offer to buy Valve, smaller companies don't go around trying to buy bigger ones.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Shion, Zeis

User Info: ShinXagura

ShinXagura
4 weeks ago#29
r0xm2n posted...
1.) I'd lose faith in humanity.
2.) I'd turn into a hardcore pirate.
CFN: XaguraYiazmat (My life is Disgaea.)

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
4 weeks ago#30
Monopoman posted...
stav8 posted...

Nah, EA is bigger EA has a total value of about 7.7 billion, meanwhile Valve is worth about 2.5 billion. If Valve was way bigger then EA wouldn't have even put up an offer to buy Valve, smaller companies don't go around trying to buy bigger ones.

Valuation isn't money in the bank. Since Valve doesn't make it's earnings public, only Valve employees in the know know that kind of thing.
However, Newell estimated that Valve is the most profitable company per head in the USA. That, and volume of steam transactions is about all we have to go on.
a quad core i7 was just a rebranded celeron -Pengu1n
Anything that has 3p fps or better is fine with me -mucloud
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What would you do if EA bought Steam AND GOG?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived