This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Good 23" 1080p monitor?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good 23" 1080p monitor?

User Info: Kokuei05

Kokuei05
4 weeks ago#11
I use an NEC EA232WMI that I got for $30. Overclocked to 79hz and calibrated, the thing is a beaut. Exactly 23 inches and 1080p, IPS. Not an issue for me but there is no HDMI. It's display port, DVI, or VGA. The choice of ports is weird but I have display port cables lying around so I can make use of that no problem.
i7-6700K | Team Vulcan 16GB 3000Mhz | MSI z170a SLI PLUS | EVGA 650W G2 | Zotac 8GB GTX 1080 Mini | EA232WMI
e7470 | i5-6300U | 8GB DDR4 || Surface Pro 2 i5.

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
4 weeks ago#12
Well this is weird, was playing around with the graphics settings and noticed that when I set a lower than native resolution and CCC to GPU scale (preserve aspect ratio), the flickering goes away. So I created a custom resolution 1905x1072, and at least on the desktop get no flickering. So if this lasts, and I don't encounter other issues, I'll be putting the purchasing on hold. At least until Black Friday, then we'll see :)

ToastyOne posted...
Do you prefer glossy or matte? Glossy has very clear image quality and vibrant colors but reflections can be a problem. Matte removes the reflection issue but introduces a slightly grainy image and not as vibrant colors.

Hmm, no clue. I'd honestly have to try both to be sure. But I recall finding reflections very annoying when I saw them, though it's been a while (I guess my current Acer 233h is a matte then?)
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.

User Info: Mystickay86

Mystickay86
4 weeks ago#13
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HY7PAUC/

How's this monitor? (Asking for myself, also looking for a monitor)
"BROTHER NERO........IT"S OVAHHHH!!" ~ Broken Matt
"....you gotta trust your heart" ~ZZ

User Info: Kalirion

Kalirion
4 weeks ago#14
Actually just went ahead and ordered https://www.amazon.com/ASUS-VS239H-P-1920x1080-Back-lit-Monitor/dp/B008DWITHI.
Don't be scared of nightmares; make them be scared of you.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Good 23" 1080p monitor?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived