This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Curious why people always quote G2G as input lag.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Curious why people always quote G2G as input lag.

User Info: jjyiz28

jjyiz28
3 weeks ago#11
thats response times.. but response times factors into input lag among other things

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#12
My monitor and TV are both below 20ms input lag. TBH, it would be ideal to shoot for input lag less than or equal to 10ms in 2017 though.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: loader963

loader963
3 weeks ago#13
nominturddaddy posated...
It's about ghosting.

jjyiz28 posted...
thats response times.. but response times factors into input lag among other things

These are the big two points. Although I’m not a fan of including the response time with input lag because technically it will never be perfect since it will be changing to the next frame. I like how tft does their reviews which separate them from the actual time the electric signal enters the monitor and it sends it to the panel.

But yes I snicker when someone posts their response time whenever lag is brought up.
I can be patient, but I'm not waiting!

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#14
Also to answer OP, the reason why people think input lag is response time is because input lag is NEVER ADVERTISED on the box. it is also never a measurement on the specifications sheet so most people don't even know what the input lag of their monitor/TV is.
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: Samurai_Man

Samurai_Man
3 weeks ago#15
Mr kitty posted...
It's because some people can't handle decimal value & their IQ goes down.

Although I don't believe those numbers, because the average input lag of a monitor screen is 16ms although advertise 8ms.

I read somewhere not too long ago that most advertised monitors that had 1ms response times was actually closer to 5-8ms.
It's your friendly neighborhood Samurai Man.

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#16
Samurai_Man posted...
Mr kitty posted...

Although I don't believe those numbers, because the average input lag of a monitor screen is 16ms although advertise 8ms.

I read somewhere not too long ago that most advertised monitors that had 1ms response times was actually closer to 5-8ms.

I can believe that. Never trust the advertised response time. 4ms response time is probably something like 20ms.

User Info: DivineWraith

DivineWraith
3 weeks ago#17
ElDudorino posted...
SnakePlisken94 posted...
if you think you can notice the difference between 1ms and 5ms you are fooling yourself

your blink alone is over 300ms

Is this a joke post? A blink is not one third of a second.

Wikipedia posted...
The duration of a blink is on average 100-150 milliseconds according to UCL researcher[4] and between 100-400 ms according to the Harvard Database of Useful Biological Numbers. Closures in excess of 1000 ms were defined as microsleeps.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinking

Google posted...
300 to 400 milliseconds
A real blink of an eye takes 300 to 400 milliseconds. Since there's 1000 milliseconds in each second, a blink of an eye takes around 1/3 of a second. Compared to the time span of one full second, a blink of an eye is an eternity.

https://www.google.com/search?q=how+long+does+it+take+to+blink

You can take up to an entire second to blink and still have it considered a blink.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 weeks ago#18
I don't see how anybody could consider 400ms a "blink." That's "closing your eyes and leaving them that way for a while." You actually have time to talk yourself through a 400ms blink, as it's just about half of one alligator. If you can stop and do something during your "blink" then you have a very different definition of what blinking is.

100-150ms is how real people blink. Not that it had anything to do with the topic at hand when Kurt Russell over there posted that weirdness.

User Info: BrokenMachine85

BrokenMachine85
3 weeks ago#19
zhenghan posted...
Samurai_Man posted...
Mr kitty posted...

I can believe that. Never trust the advertised response time. 4ms response time is probably something like 20ms.

It'll be much higher than 20ms.
Ryzen 1600X @4GHz | 16GB 3200MHz DDR4 | MSI GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X 11G | 28" Acer Predator 4K G-Sync 1ms
i7 3930K @4.8GHz | 16GB 2133MHz DDR3 | GTX 1080 8GB

zhenghan
3 weeks ago#20
BrokenMachine85 posted...
zhenghan posted...
Samurai_Man posted...
Mr kitty posted...

It'll be much higher than 20ms.

Right, take the advertised response time and multiply it by 5-8 times xD
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Curious why people always quote G2G as input lag.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived