This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Marvel Heroes to be shut down

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Marvel Heroes to be shut down

User Info: Monopoman

Monopoman
3 weeks ago#11
Another game goes through a huge overhaul then closes a while later. You figure devs would figure out that 90% of the time when they try this s*** it blows up in their face.
BF ID: Birck #1559845599
Leads: Erza, Shion, Zeis

User Info: -5xad0w-

-5xad0w-
3 weeks ago#12
Didn't they just release it on console this year?
"This is a cool way to die!" -Philip J. Fry
KCO222OB|1440 Watts|6 Slice|Timer|Crumb Tray|Is a Toaster Oven

User Info: Dyshonest

Dyshonest
3 weeks ago#13
-5xad0w- posted...
If you want to call it that. It was such a watered down, horrible version of "Marvel Heroes" that it felt more like a Chinese bootleg.

User Info: OmegaFlare18

OmegaFlare18
3 weeks ago#14
it sucks cause I don't really have much alternatives o_0

D3 gets old too fast, I hate the world/combat of PoE, T2's dead (so's the dev) and not even sure we're getting Lost Ark.
Steam ID: mystr_E

User Info: ValzacardX

ValzacardX
3 weeks ago#15
Dyshonest posted...
-5xad0w- posted...
If you want to call it that. It was such a watered down, horrible version of "Marvel Heroes" that it felt more like a Chinese bootleg.

On top of that there's Future Fight which just way better.
GT:Kahlilx77 PSN:CBE_Rookie
Currently playing: Gundam Versus, Destiny 2, picking something from my Backlog.

User Info: magicaltop

magicaltop
3 weeks ago#16
RyanEsau posted...

I wonder why Marvel is cutting the contract between them though... not seeing enough cashflow? =/

Honestly the game was all but officially dead for like a year. The playerbase was dying down ever since Brevik left the company.

Having played it for like 3 years when Brevik/Ryolnir/Doomsaw were around, it was a fun game with a lot of potential. I put in like 2500 hours cause it was a blast. The problem was the game never added any meaningful content while they just kept out churning heroes every month. So you would take the new hero and run through the same old content over and over. With a 60+ roster it got tedious. They kept promising new content, but never delivered.

Then they wanted to go change gears and other stat stuff when there really was no need. The playerbase was just really starved for content after a while. I know I stopped playing like 2ish years ago cause it just got boring, and there was no incentive to play after a while. Glad I did cause the new CEO took the game in a s***ty direction (pretty much putting everything PC-related on hold to have the team work on the console launch).
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KgxgGX

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 weeks ago#17
played it for like 30min back near launch and it was dreadfully boring with the worst combat ive ever seen
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
3 weeks ago#18
This is why you do not play server dependent games
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: lostsymphony

lostsymphony
3 weeks ago#19
That sucks. I hadn't played in a long, long time because the game was stale. But it was also one of the only ways I got to play as my favorite Marvel character, Moon Knight.

Also just a dickhead move to shut down so fast after console release..who knows how much some players spent in that brief period.

User Info: Chass1990

Chass1990
3 weeks ago#20
honestly I'm surprised it lasted this long.
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 * Xeon E3-1246 v3 * Noctua NH-U12S * MSI GTX 970 * Sound Blaster Z * HyperX Savage 32GB * 850 Evo * Supernova G2 750W * Phanteks Enthoo Pro
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Marvel Heroes to be shut down

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived