This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Marvel Heroes to be shut down

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Marvel Heroes to be shut down

User Info: Jonny2284

Jonny2284
2 months ago#21
The game was dead in January with the so called "Biggest update ever", this is just somebody making it official, though given the liscense would have only had another year or so on it I'm surprised they didn't let it shamble for another few months before putting it down.

With the statement is Marvel is killing the deal rather than Gazillion I do wonder if this is more the Mouse taking issue with the alleged history of Brevik's replacement in this current climate than anything else.

User Info: Nixemo

Nixemo
2 months ago#22
lostsymphony posted...
That sucks. I hadn't played in a long, long time because the game was stale. But it was also one of the only ways I got to play as my favorite Marvel character, Moon Knight.

Also just a dickhead move to shut down so fast after console release..who knows how much some players spent in that brief period.

Nice to see another Moon Knight fan, he's my favourite superhero ever and I rarely encounter people who have even heard of him. I never tried this game but I enjoyed that he was playable in Marvel Ultimate Alliance and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.
Listen to post-punk.

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
2 months ago#23
moon knight used to be great fun until the BUE
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#24
Cool_Dude667 posted...
played it for like 30min back near launch and it was dreadfully boring with the worst combat ive ever seen

That was absolutely true at launch but after a year or so they vastly improved the game with a lot of quality of life improvements.

They sped up EXP earning for every character you had at level 60. Plus characters would unlock two bonuses per character you could toggle that would affect all your other characters. Stuff like that.

I tried playing after the big update and it just felt wrong. I hadn't played nearly enough beforehand to put my finger on why (something the denizens were VERY quick to point out "Come back and complain when you've put 200+ hours into this game like I have").

It's a shame it's going away but considering just how few e-mails I've had advertising new characters and stuff since the Omega update I shouldn't be surprised.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
2 months ago#25
So do I understand right that people who put money in to this are just screwed.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.

User Info: Cruzader619

Cruzader619
2 months ago#26
Disney pulled the license after the CEO was outed as a pedo
"If you commit suicide on this forest, bears will poop on your corpse."

User Info: Dragon Nexus

Dragon Nexus
2 months ago#27
TomorrowDog posted...

Honestly you should always go into any F2P game knowing that that's the risk you take.
"Everything popular is wrong." - Oscar Wilde

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
2 months ago#28
Dragon Nexus posted...
TomorrowDog posted...

Honestly you should always go into any F2P game knowing that that's the risk you take.

That's what I like about games with rent a server, the official ones might eventually get shutdown but the rent ones should stay up forever in theory. Unless it becomes a licensing issue.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
2 months ago#29
Dragon Nexus posted...
TomorrowDog posted...

Or any online only game in general
When nothing remains everything becomes possible.

User Info: TomorrowDog

TomorrowDog
2 months ago#30
Okay but some games do full refunds when they die prematurely. I remember one of those MOBAs refunding everything.
sub.bitballoon.com
Some browser games in various stages of completion.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Marvel Heroes to be shut down

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived