This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can someone tell me the difference between mini cards and standard ones

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can someone tell me the difference between mini cards and standard ones

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#11
Gojak_v3 posted...
Gojak_v3 posted...
I'm looking at a 1060 3gb for $180 over black friday. I'm hoping the 3gb isn't an issue, I've been told the 3gb is fine for 1080p and lower and only need the 6gb one for higher resolutions.

I'm probably gonna get this card. I desperately need to upgrade as I have an ancient 660ti. I haven't been able to play a triple A game in the last two years cause it's so old. But while I'm on the subject are there any other cards around that price that would be better. I'm seeing an AMD 570 for around the same price. Is that better/worse?

If they're the same price then get the RX 570. Well they're about equal, but RX 570 will have more VRAM.
https://www.techspot.com/review/1411-radeon-rx-570-vs-geforce-gtx-1060-3gb/
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#12
Gojak_v3 posted...
So no disadvantages over a full size card?

Smaller heat sink and less fans, but that's about it. Should produce the same power.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can someone tell me the difference between mini cards and standard ones

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived