This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

At what price point would you consider a prebuilt over building your own?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. At what price point would you consider a prebuilt over building your own?
(message deleted)

User Info: Metalfan49

Metalfan49
4 weeks ago#2
If the OEM undercuts the bill of materials by ~20% it gets hard to resist. Save some dough with the included Windows license too.
Love,
metalfan49

User Info: zhenghan

zhenghan
4 weeks ago#3
Well price is not the most important thing i consider many things
"dude i am like a 10 th grader,i am not smart i am not smart okay.i know basic english not level 100 english lol" -stephanielish

User Info: almightydun

almightydun
4 weeks ago#4
At a point that it is cheaper (by 10 - 20 percent) and I am fully aware that I have no plans or need to modify the system at all, and am not using it as a main rig.
DO NOT BE ASHAMED FOR PLAYING VIDEO GAMES.
Embrace the experience and share it with everyone you can.

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 weeks ago#5
I build mainly because I want to get my own warranties for each part and because I want to be able to pick and choose parts. Prebuilts are nice for general purpose computers but for gaming I'd rather just build my own.

Basically any scenario where I would be tempted to buy a prebuilt would a scenario where I'd be looking at a chance of selling it to someone else or giving it as a gift, not for myself.

If I'm building a new computer, I'm looking at it lasting 5 years at a minimum anyway...preferably much longer.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. At what price point would you consider a prebuilt over building your own?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived