This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Parents looking for a new PC, how is this offer they received?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Parents looking for a new PC, how is this offer they received?

User Info: EvilGiygas

EvilGiygas
4 weeks ago#11
Samurai_Man posted...
You can get a windows keys for like $15-$20 my pro key was $20

I happily paid $35 for mine.
i7 7700K|EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Edition|Corsair Vengeance 16GB|960 EVO 1TB|850 EVO 1TB|840 EVO 500GB|EVGA G3 750w|NZXT H440|ASUS SWIFT PG278Q 27"

User Info: Pelaaja82

Pelaaja82
4 weeks ago#12
The pc is terrible.
Pc: i7 6700k/980 ti/16gb ram and Ps4.

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#13
Scody posted...
Intel Core i5-650 Processor 3.2-GHz
4GB DDR3 SDRAM PC3-10600 (1333MHz)
250GB Hard Disk Drive 7,200 rpm
Windows 10

No keyboard, mouse, monitor. Own all of that already. Price is $250 Canadian. How is that for a deal? Will be used purely for word processing, email, etc.

$175 -$200 at best that rig is used and you have no idea what the life span will be for any of those parts for $250 it should include a keyboard and mouse but ya that is way too high.

I take that back $150 at best.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: KaizerLaw

KaizerLaw
4 weeks ago#14
Bad deal.

User Info: Cozy

Cozy
4 weeks ago#15
First off no motherboard or power supply provided, but for that price I'm assuming the power supply is used to s*** or the vendor cheaped out, either way you're gonna really want to replace the power supply.

Second, that hard drive is worthless; very low storage for a hard drive. An SSD is much faster and more reliable, you can easily get a 250gb SSD (same capacity) and get considerably better performance by spending a little bit more.

Third 4gb of RAM is low. Maybe 5 years ago that was enough for the average user, but now that's just simply too little. I think 8gb is much better; even if they don't need that much, it'll give much more consistent performance than 4gb.

I wouldn't buy it even if it was $50, you're gonna have to do some work on it and drop more money to up the performance. You can spend around $500~$700 CAD instead to build a new machine that will run way better and last them around 6~8 years easily. Example:

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/c3rLtJ
^ Here's one that I'm planning to build for my parents. I included a disc drive just because they still use them, but that may be different for your parents.
"Poop"

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
4 weeks ago#16
captsplatter_1 posted...
Samurai_Man posted...
You can get a windows keys for like $15-$20 my pro key was $20

$15 for me.

I got paid for mine. Love job perks.
MOD: Mindless, Oppressive, & Delusional
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Parents looking for a new PC, how is this offer they received?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived