This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do you convince somebody dead set on Intel/Nvidia to switch to AMD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you convince somebody dead set on Intel/Nvidia to switch to AMD?

User Info: randomoaf

randomoaf
4 weeks ago#11
You don't. If they want to spend absurd money on nothing but word of mouth and brand perception then let them.

User Info: Terantatek

Terantatek
4 weeks ago#12
PhilOnDez posted...
HappyBull posted...
btw Phil who said that in your sig? That's some deep s*** lol

It's from a System of a Down song lol. Mild language:

https://youtu.be/re5LSsCHx7g

Serj Tankian. My favorite singer, and I believe in his cause for Armenia.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Xgsy6X
i7 7700k @ 4.6ghz | Asus ROG Strix 1080TI OC | Ripjaws 16GB 3000mhz | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus Swift PG278QR

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 weeks ago#13
He definitely has an amazing voice, one of my favorites as well.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
3 weeks ago#14
HappyBull posted...
that smokes way too much dank kush.

... If their ass is dark/moist how do you smoke it? I mean if it's dank it should have enough lube without needing the KY, right?

___

As for the topic question, I don't. AMD's GPU hardware still generally if not a(lmost a)lways over-draws power and over-produces heat in comparison to comparable nVidia products, and both Vulkan and DirectX 12 game libraries are too small to be a significant component in hardware choice.

AMD's CPUs have definitely stepped up in comparison to the last round, but they seem to have gotten back into that boat they were in in the Phenom II era where they're 66% of the price for 80% of the performance in games and 120% of the performance in non-gaming work. That's great and all if you do a lot of non-gaming stuff that benefits from AMD's CPUs, but if gaming is your sole focus then it's probably better to pay the Intel Tax and go from there.

Nothing against AMD, mind you and especially since most of my hardware purchases over the last 15 years have been AMD CPUs/GPUs, but I'm a tad bit too practical to deal with the down sides to their GPUs and the "Eventually game developers will make engines that really utilize AMD's hardware" pie in the sky predictions for their CPUs.

Depending on how AMD does with their second or third generation of "Threadripper" I might consider switching back, but the current stuff doesn't seem like a cost-effective improvement over my 4690k for gaming.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: Dukaduka1k82

Dukaduka1k82
3 weeks ago#15
Well I would show them (aka you) the extra cash you will be able to spend on a gpu.
- Asus i7-3610QM @ 2.3Ghz, 16gig ram, Nvidia 660m 2Gb, 1Tb hdd @ 7200rpm
- A10-6700 @ 3.7Ghz, 16 gig ram, 4(3.5)Gb GTX 970, 240Gb Intel 530 ssd, and 750Gb hdd
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How do you convince somebody dead set on Intel/Nvidia to switch to AMD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived