This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Affordable Gaming Headset

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best Affordable Gaming Headset

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 weeks ago#11
darkoj posted...
he Logitech G933 model went on sale last week for $100 (including a nice arctic white version), but due to many reports of various technical failings of the unit, I hesitated in purchasing a pair.

Me and you are in the same boat brother. Man, those one star Amazon reviews for the G933/G633 are brutal. They get great reviews on YouTube but who cares if they fall apart in a month?

I’ve looked at a number of headsets in the $50 to $150 range and they’re all pretty iffy. Right now, I guess I’m probably going to go with the Hyper Fury X Cloud, even though the mic is supposedly horrible.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
3 weeks ago#12
darkoj posted...
HyperX is getting a lot of love. It seems they specialize in corded headsets; how do you think the connections will hold up to regular packing and unpacking for interstate travel?

Um... maybe? I don’t think it’s a strong connection where the cord connects to the ear piece. So wrapping that cord up a lot could pull it loose and cut out the sound on one or both ear pieces. I don’t know how much traveling these things should do. But that’s probably true for all these under $100 headsets.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: krome4284

krome4284
3 weeks ago#13
I used a pair of headphones I really liked, and just bought an antlion modmic.

The modmic is significantly clearer than the gaming headphone mics I have used. Literally bought hyperX, razer, and g933, but they all had either a significant design flaw, fuzzy mic, bad sound quality, or a combination of two of those 3.

Getting a comfortable pair of earphones with sound quality, and putting a mic on it has been great.

User Info: Spidey555

Spidey555
3 weeks ago#14
Yes Hyper Cloud X Stinger is the best headset you can get for $50.

Fantastic sound and super comfortable.

User Info: darkoj

darkoj
3 weeks ago#15
The HyperX lineup seems so nice. Great reviews for nearly every model. Excellent build quality. Stylish aesthetics. Fair price. I'd be sold on them, if it weren't for one technical problem... We're not gaming on PC's.... we're playing on PlayStation 3's.

I know, I know, we're plebs, and it's true; we are! But just imagine: if you were 8 or 10 years old, and you had access to a triple console, tri screen, high definition, high speed, multiplayer, family gaming venue; how awesome would that be!? Well, over the past couple of years, PlayStation by PlayStation, television by television, accessory by accessory, game by game, this gaming arsenal has been carefully built and affordably attained, and this Christmas season, it's time to improve it by adding at least one new (preferably two) gaming headset(s).

I failed to disclose this information initially because I didn't want to be ostracized by the elites or moderated by the mighty. I wanted to pose my inquiry to the PC community because I know y'all know y'all's hardware from the many posts I've previously addressed here. So now that that is out of the way...

The PlayStation 3 has a particular dual output requirement for gaming headsets. Chat communication is only facilitated through USB, and game audio is only exported through the other outputs (HDMI, RCA, optical), and not USB! That being so, any chat enabled headset to be used with the system must be able to connect to the USB port and one of the other connections simultaneously.

Each HyperX model seems to be available with only a single connection type, that being either USB or 3.5 mm analog jack, but not both, which means I won't be able to take advantage of such a promising and much recommended brand.

What advice can y'all offer up, apart from departing from the PC boards or getting a PC (which I do plan to do, three, actually, when the time is right and the funds are available)?

Thank you, all!
PSN: darkoj-
Single and ready to... not mingle, but rather, fathom existence and maybe... listen to jazz? Gaming it is.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best Affordable Gaming Headset

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived