This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A good drawing tablet?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A good drawing tablet?

User Info: Darkstorm16

Darkstorm16
3 weeks ago#1
I’m looking for a good drawing tablet so I can start doing digital art. I saw this at my work and was wondering how well it is? I don’t have much space to work with either or definetly wouldn’t be able to afford a cintiq anytime soon.

HP-10-p010wm-Detachable-Laptop-10-1-IPS-Touch-Display-
Windows-10-Home-
Intel-Atom-x5-Z8350-Processor-
4GB-Memory-64GB-
eMMC-Storage-802
Nintendo Network/PSN: Desertking24/Steam:Desertking23
Mario Maker: 4481-0000-0110-25DA

User Info: Death_Born

Death_Born
3 weeks ago#2
Don't get anything HP, they are poor quality and overheat easily.

If you want something with a display that is cheap and precise, go with a used Microsoft Surface Pro 2. It's Wacom and is professional quality when paired with a Bamboo pen, downside is that it's pretty tiny screen-wise.

However, you really don't need a display to do digital art. You can get a cheap tablet for your PC that barely costs anything. There are plenty of bargain priced Wacom and other tablets on Ebay.

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 weeks ago#3
If you're *really* tight on space and money, you can always start simple with like a Bamboo Pen or something and work up from there...

Aaand apparently they don't make the Bamboo tablet line any more, only the stylus, so Intuous is probably your best bet. The Intuos Draw (or Art, Photo, or Comic) looks like it fills the ~$80-100 price range the Bamboo used to and I'm sure is fine.

This video details the differences between the base Intuos models. The main difference is that the Draw doesn't have touch capability, while the other three do include touch, but come bundled with different software depending on the model (Corel Painter Essentials, Corel Paintshop Pro & Aftershot Pro, or Anime Studio).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9lNKrgrM8I
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A good drawing tablet?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived