This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since the industry is full of corporate greed even more now. Any change for you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Since the industry is full of corporate greed even more now. Any change for you?

User Info: Ron1989

Ron1989
4 weeks ago#1
I'm asking since I imagine all of us are tired of hearing companies trying to justify their scummy business practices. Anyone here going to stop buying these types of games and focus elsewhere?

User Info: mucloud

mucloud
4 weeks ago#2
It's always been greed dude nothing has changed in over 200 yrs.
Cooler Master CM Storm Trooper White W10 64bit GA990FXAUD3 FX 8320 Vishera 8-Core Core 4.0 GHz 1000watt Rosewell PSU 32GB RAM XFX Radeon R9 390 8GB

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
4 weeks ago#3
Uhh...I've already been doing that without even thinking about it. Apparently liking less popular things seems to in a way shield me from this. But if I really needed or more accurately cared to play the next CoD or Battlefront I'd be corporatisim's cuck I'm sure.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 weeks ago#4
I can't really remember the last AAA game I bought, I just can't get myself to care. Persona 5 is probably the closest but Atlus is far from a AAA studio, and while it was published by Sega it was mostly developed by while they were owned by Index before they went bankrupt.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 weeks ago#5
mucloud posted...
It's always been greed dude nothing has changed in over 200 yrs.

I don’t think that’s true when it comes to video game design. It use to be that you made the best game you could and hoped that the quality would sell the game. But that’s not how things work anymore. Now you make the bare minimum required to prevent public backlash and add in DLC/microtransactions to keep the same customer paying twice (or more.)

It’s because gaming companies have become so bloated that their number of customers can’t even support them anymore. They need to find new ways to double bill their current customers since they can’t grow beyond their current regions.
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
4 weeks ago#6
Nah, Im still enjoying Battlefield 4 which I bought for just $20 1 month after release on Origin, though I wouldnt have been playing it now if EA hadnt give away all the DLC for free. Though I would buy Battlefront 2 just because EA has given me a bunch of free games and DLC.

User Info: ClunkerSlim

ClunkerSlim
4 weeks ago#7
DerPancake posted...
Nah, Im still enjoying Battlefield 4 which I bought for just $20 1 month after release on Origin, though I wouldnt have been playing it now if EA hadnt give away all the DLC for free. Though I would buy Battlefront 2 just because EA has given me a bunch of free games and DLC.

You did just read the quote where EA says they regret not putting micro transactions in Battlefield 4, right?
https://twitter.com/ClunkerSlim

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
4 weeks ago#8
Ron1989 posted...
Anyone here going to stop buying these types of games and focus elsewhere?

What type of games?
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
4 weeks ago#9
Well, I definitely read a lot more novels, that's for sure.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: Ron1989

Ron1989
4 weeks ago#10
XianMei posted...
Well, I definitely read a lot more novels, that's for sure.

Visual Novels?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Since the industry is full of corporate greed even more now. Any change for you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived