This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Since the industry is full of corporate greed even more now. Any change for you?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Since the industry is full of corporate greed even more now. Any change for you?

User Info: Jimmys

Jimmys
3 weeks ago#61
XianMei posted...
Jimmys posted...
Meh I the only micro transacts I did all year were the dlc for total warhammer, most AAA games I just wait for sales anyway. I got shadow of mordor GOTY for $5 and eventually shadow of war will be the same. Still waiting on Witcher 3 to be cheap enough with all dlc

Also I never buy EA or Ubisoft games coz they all suck anyway

DLC isn't microtransactions. Microtransactions are things like temporary enhancements for your character.

In that case I've never bought a single micro transaction ever haha
What Doth Life

User Info: gamefaqwatcher

gamefaqwatcher
3 weeks ago#62
I went outside.
See you in WoD! Praise the sun! Diamond Dog is a Wolf! Currently playing: Dark Souls 1
Weebs refer to the mana series as Seiken Densetsu.

User Info: ZERO2936

ZERO2936
3 weeks ago#63
It's been like that for a while. I rarely pay attention to new major releases these days, with some exceptions.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
3 weeks ago#64
jake-sf posted...
LazyyAmerican posted...
Uhh...I've already been doing that without even thinking about it. Apparently liking less popular things seems to in a way shield me from this. But if I really needed or more accurately cared to play the next CoD or Battlefront I'd be corporatisim's cuck I'm sure.

But why would you if you had any taste.

Things made for money can never have real quality.

The specialty goods market disagrees.

User Info: pothocket

pothocket
3 weeks ago#65
Jimmys posted...
XianMei posted...
Jimmys posted...
Meh I the only micro transacts I did all year were the dlc for total warhammer, most AAA games I just wait for sales anyway. I got shadow of mordor GOTY for $5 and eventually shadow of war will be the same. Still waiting on Witcher 3 to be cheap enough with all dlc

Also I never buy EA or Ubisoft games coz they all suck anyway

DLC isn't microtransactions. Microtransactions are things like temporary enhancements for your character.

In that case I've never bought a single micro transaction ever haha

Ignore him. Of course the concept of DLC includes microtransactions as a type of content that can be bought and downloaded.
http://www.koalastothemax.com/?aHR0cDovL2kuaW1ndXIuY29tL3pnMGpYWDcuanBn

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
3 weeks ago#66
DLC is bought with real money. Microtransactions are bought with Monopoly money like crystals, gems, etc. DLC tends to be a set chunk of content you buy once while microtransactions tend to be smaller things you're encouraged to buy repeatedly like consumables, loot boxes, etc.

To say they're the same concept depends on how technical you want to get and what your feelings are on different business models. Personally, I don't have a problem with retail purchase games offering sizable chunks of content via DLC as a means of expanding the game but microtransactions designed to milk customers like cattle are not the same concept. Those don't belong in retail purchase games in any form.
The SilentCaay Channel - Shadowverse and other video game vids.
Shadowverse - Jormungand & Carabosse (Episode 135) - https://youtu.be/SaMeuKl6HvM

pothocket
3 weeks ago#67
SilentCaay posted...
microtransactions tend to be smaller things you're encouraged to buy repeatedly like consumables, loot boxes, etc.

Which is all purchased with real money.

User Info: SilentCaay

SilentCaay
3 weeks ago#68
I could write an article on the psychological reasons companies prefer to use Monopoly money over straight cash purchases for microtransactions but I'm sure you can find some on your own. The method of payment is only half the issue, though. The more important half you neglected to quote.
The SilentCaay Channel - Shadowverse and other video game vids.
Shadowverse - Jormungand & Carabosse (Episode 135) - https://youtu.be/SaMeuKl6HvM

pothocket
3 weeks ago#69
SilentCaay posted...
I could write an article on the psychological reasons companies prefer to use Monopoly money over straight cash purchases for microtransactions but I'm sure you can find some on your own.

Which doesn't change the fact that monopoly money is purchased with real money. So don't try and blow me off like I don't get it when you're the one that's full of s***.

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 weeks ago#70
The reason why is id find the gameplay fun. I'd NEVER partake in the nickel and dime schemes but like many have already mentioned simply purchasing a game is enabling them to continue.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Since the industry is full of corporate greed even more now. Any change for you?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived