This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wolfenstein: Yet another game that gives the finger to the deaf/hard of hearing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wolfenstein: Yet another game that gives the finger to the deaf/hard of hearing

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
3 weeks ago#1
Note: I'm kinda hesitant to make this video as I'm afraid that I'm gonna get blasted from people who don't care about this situation. If you don't care this, then please, just do what you should be doing whenever I make a topic that doesn't interest you, and just move on. This topic isn't hurting anymore. Please, don't be that guy who goes on someones topic just to insult them because they have a disability, and you don't. Yes, I have OCD. Yes, I'm on the spectrum. Yes, I'm hard of hearing. Yes I have crippling depression Can you maybe try NOT to be jerk to me because I have these issues?

First of all, yes, I'm playing on the latest patched version on steam, and I've turned subtitles on. That's not why this is happening.

Anyways, almost half of the dialogue in the game isn't subtitled. Whenever there's a cg movie, almost none of it is subtitled. When the voices are the hardest understand, that's when the game is always not subtitled.

What the f*** Zenimax? I didn't notice this problem in Doom, and this isn't a problem in Skyrim. This isn't a problem in any of your Fallouts.

Hell, say what you will about Assassins Creed. I've played quite a bit of the first three games and all the voice actors at the very least spoke clearly enough that I could understand them without issues.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: LazyyAmerican

LazyyAmerican
3 weeks ago#2
Look...the problem is that you haven't purchased a loot box yet.
You've got ten minutes. There's policies even your section have to follow
I'll be sure to forward your message to the president.

User Info: ElDudorino

ElDudorino
3 weeks ago#3
LazyyAmerican posted...
Look...the problem is that you haven't purchased a loot box yet.

Loot boxes with fixes for random disabilities. If you open your box and it's a fix for color-blind people, keep buying them until you get your subtitles.

User Info: youshallbeasgod

youshallbeasgod
3 weeks ago#4
I apologized to you the best I could in the other topic.
Have you ever considered headphones? There are models loud as hell.
Or enable Windows sound loudness equalization, this makes quiet sounds louder.
Relax, it's just a game.

XianMei
3 weeks ago#5
I'm not sure what topic you're referring to.

Was playing with a headset that makes things a lot more clear. It helps a lot, but it's still pretty hard.

And yeah, I'll consider Windows sound loudness equalization if I decide to give the game another chance in the future. I'm just so done with the game right now. Thanks for the advice.

User Info: krome4284

krome4284
3 weeks ago#6
XianMei posted...
Note: I'm kinda hesitant to make this video as I'm afraid that I'm gonna get blasted from people who don't care about this situation. If you don't care this, then please, just do what you should be doing whenever I make a topic that doesn't interest you, and just move on. This topic isn't hurting anymore. Please, don't be that guy who goes on someones topic just to insult them because they have a disability, and you don't. Yes, I have OCD. Yes, I'm on the spectrum. Yes, I'm hard of hearing. Yes I have crippling depression Can you maybe try NOT to be jerk to me because I have these issues?

First of all, yes, I'm playing on the latest patched version on steam, and I've turned subtitles on. That's not why this is happening.

Anyways, almost half of the dialogue in the game isn't subtitled. Whenever there's a cg movie, almost none of it is subtitled. When the voices are the hardest understand, that's when the game is always not subtitled.

What the f*** Zenimax? I didn't notice this problem in Doom, and this isn't a problem in Skyrim. This isn't a problem in any of your Fallouts.

Hell, say what you will about Assassins Creed. I've played quite a bit of the first three games and all the voice actors at the very least spoke clearly enough that I could understand them without issues.

Buy a pair of earphones. I know they should have subtitles and I'm not saying it isn't something they shouldn't patch (but consider that "hard of hearing" gamers are pretty far and few between), but to basically say the game is worse than others because of this one issue is being pretty dramatic.

It took literally 5 seconds to google "hard of hearing" wireless headphones that would work with a tv and a pc. Buy one.

It's like me slamming the game for not taking into account that I have bad eyesight, because their visuals are clear enough. I just bought some glasses.

XianMei
3 weeks ago#7
krome4284 posted...
XianMei posted...

Buy a pair of earphones. I know they should have subtitles and I'm not saying it isn't something they shouldn't patch (but consider that "hard of hearing" gamers are pretty far and few between), but to basically say the game is worse than others because of this one issue is being pretty dramatic.

It took literally 5 seconds to google "hard of hearing" wireless headphones that would work with a tv and a pc. Buy one.

It's like me slamming the game for not taking into account that I have bad eyesight, because their visuals are clear enough. I just bought some glasses.

I wear glasses, and again, my headset makes things a lot more clearer. It's actually pretty rare when I can't understand a game this often from a game in the last 2 generations.

And yes, I can slam the game. The lack of subtitles is pure laziness and apathy.

User Info: DaedalusEx

DaedalusEx
3 weeks ago#8
1. There was no need for the preface, and including it makes you sound insecure. This is a public forum, people can browse and post to any topics they wish. You'll spare yourself a lot of grief if you learn to ignore jerks, rather than hoping they ignore you.

2. Along the same lines, while it certainly would've been courteous of the developers to include more features for the hearing impaired, it's not everyone else's responsibility to accommodate your disability. The devs are not "giving you the finger" because they didn't include better subtitles. There was no company meeting where they sat around and thought up ways to screw over the hearing impaired. The world owes you nothing, and the sooner you accept that the happier you'll be.

XianMei
3 weeks ago#9
DaedalusEx posted...
1. There was no need for the preface, and including it makes you sound insecure. This is a public forum, people can browse and post to any topics they wish. You'll spare yourself a lot of grief if you learn to ignore jerks, rather than hoping they ignore you.

Fair enough, I appreciate the advice.

DaedalusEx posted...
2. Along the same lines, while it certainly would've been courteous of the developers to include more features for the hearing impaired, it's not everyone else's responsibility to accommodate your disability. The devs are not "giving you the finger" because they didn't include better subtitles. There was no company meeting where they sat around and thought up ways to screw over the hearing impaired. The world owes you nothing, and the sooner you accept that the happier you'll be.

I know that they literally didn't do it to piss people off, but the point was that they went really lazy with it, and for no real reason other than they were lazy. It wouldn't have taken more than a few hours to just listen to all of the dialogue and make sure that it's all subtitled for those who wish for it to be there. It was a dick move, pure and simple. and you're being kind of a jerk for acting like I'm being entitled for wanting a f***ing bare basic part of a game that should have always been there in every release since the PS2 era. It makes me wonder what else you think I'm being entitled for.

User Info: godplaysSNES

godplaysSNES
3 weeks ago#10
Yeah that sucks.
Super Mario Kart is the single best Mario Kart ever!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wolfenstein: Yet another game that gives the finger to the deaf/hard of hearing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived