This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wolfenstein: Yet another game that gives the finger to the deaf/hard of hearing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wolfenstein: Yet another game that gives the finger to the deaf/hard of hearing

User Info: Dr_keith

Dr_keith
4 weeks ago#21
This entire topic is racist against my blind nephew.
If you're worse than me: You're a n00b.
If you're better than me: You're a hacker.

User Info: captsplatter_1

captsplatter_1
4 weeks ago#22
Should probably email the developers, I can see them possibly adding in subtitles.
PSN: captsplatter & Gamertag: OGcaptsplatter &
Switch FC: SW-3078-9578-8685 & Steam ID URL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/captsplatter NO BLANK REQ.

User Info: BearShrooms

BearShrooms
4 weeks ago#23
But they didn't give you a middle finger. They said "eff you". I heard it.

Sorry. I couldn't help myself. Sorry for your troubles, and I hope you can get something about this sorted out. You should probably email them, you aren't going to find many here that care.

User Info: musumane

musumane
4 weeks ago#24
XianMei posted...
BTW, to everyone who thinks that I'm being entitled for wanting to be able to make out what is said throughout most of the game.

How much money would it have cost to have the subtiles cover most of the script?

How much effort would it have taken?

How much more time would it have taken to patch it in?

Answer me people.

How much money? Quite a bit. They would need to get the script for the game, pay someone to code, and sync the dialogue to the audio, and pay for proofing. Time alone you are looking at 1k+ just for the workers wage. Not a lot of money to them, but it is still an expense they can save

Honestly? You are looking at 50-60 hours of work per language on about 5-6 hours of dialogue.

To patch it in would take a bit, because they'd need to test it on a live server before patching, and that is more money. Would they make that money back? Honestly, most likely not. Them adding that option wouldn't have increased sales :|
Only trolls say
TTGL is the best anime evar!!!!

User Info: BaldursGate

BaldursGate
4 weeks ago#25
Does it matter? It's a game about killing things.

User Info: Elephant Rider

Elephant Rider
4 weeks ago#26
I always turn subtitles on. I will agree that is super annoying when parts of a game are not subtitled. While I'm not hearing impaired or anything, my hearing is certainly not what it was when I was younger. Half the time I want subtitles on, not because I can't hear it, but sometimes I miss words.
little grey men are coming our way
tastes just like chicken they say

User Info: CourtofOwls

CourtofOwls
4 weeks ago#27
you have subtitles set to always on and not just "foreign only"?
[?]
"He must've been a very important chimp."

User Info: darktemplar20

darktemplar20
4 weeks ago#28
CourtofOwls posted...

I typically play with subtitles on so I can get through cutscenes faster (assuming they have dialogue skip). And while the company isn't required to accommodate people with disabilities, it certainly doesn't hurt. If Netflix can get s*** for not having subtitles on some of their products (I believe Daredevil didn't have them when it first launched), why shouldn't Zenimax?

I went to a college that had a 10% deaf and hard of hearing community, and I can understand the frustration of not being able to enjoy something because there aren't any subtitles. Hell, my wife and I tend to have subtitles on when we watch streaming shows because of how muffled some of the people speak, and we both hear just fine.

TC, I can understand your frustration with them not having subtitles, and I would do what the other users have suggested. Taking your message to Twitter where a much larger subset of people will see it is likely your best option. And you never know. I've seen games patch in subtitles later on because they failed to do it when they shipped the game, and it's because people requested it.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
4 weeks ago#29
BaldursGate posted...
Does it matter? It's a game about killing things.

That's very close minded of you. It's a very shallow viewpoint to have in a game where so much has been placed on the story.

Yes it does, the dialogue that I could make out was quite good, and really really really added to the atmosphere. What I can make up of the story is really good too, and I like It makes it feel like so much more than a mindless action game and nothing but

I also can't enjoy just about anything, game or otherwise if I don't care about the story in itself.

Try to understand that your point of view isn't the end all be all.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
4 weeks ago#30
CourtofOwls posted...

Yep, and I'm positive that I did.
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wolfenstein: Yet another game that gives the finger to the deaf/hard of hearing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived