This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Wolfenstein: Yet another game that gives the finger to the deaf/hard of hearing

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wolfenstein: Yet another game that gives the finger to the deaf/hard of hearing

User Info: rareware101

rareware101
1 month ago#61
DaedalusEx posted...
1. There was no need for the preface, and including it makes you sound insecure. This is a public forum, people can browse and post to any topics they wish. You'll spare yourself a lot of grief if you learn to ignore jerks, rather than hoping they ignore you.

2. Along the same lines, while it certainly would've been courteous of the developers to include more features for the hearing impaired, it's not everyone else's responsibility to accommodate your disability. The devs are not "giving you the finger" because they didn't include better subtitles. There was no company meeting where they sat around and thought up ways to screw over the hearing impaired. The world owes you nothing, and the sooner you accept that the happier you'll be.

On point number 2... how much of a dick are you? If you want to be selfish think of it this way: why wouldn't a dev include options for disabilities (subtitles, colourblind options) as it those people affected can then buy your games and you get more money.

User Info: XianMei

XianMei
1 month ago#62
BTW, since I'm being entitled for simply wanting subtitles, I wonder what else I'm being entitled for.

If I were denied the ability to wear glasses in school because they could be used as a weapon, would I be entitled for not being able to handle contacts?

If I lived in an area in America where there were no decent supermarkets, and I wanted to eat healthy, would I be entitled for wanting to live a longer life?

If I wasn't able to get painkillers when I used to have chronic pain, would I be entitled because I needed painkillers for a while to make the pain more manageable?

Back in junior high when I couldn't stand people because almost everyone around me treated me like garbage for no real reason, was I being entitled for wanting friends?

If I wasn't able to have an operation that I had earlier in my life which prevented cancer, would I be entitled for wanting to live?

After all, I wasn't owed these things, right?
My quest to beat 40 games by March 1st 2018!
https://pastebin.com/8i5EiCi1

User Info: Izicial

Izicial
1 month ago#63
XianMei posted...
BTW, since I'm being entitled for simply wanting subtitles, I wonder what else I'm being entitled for.

If I were denied the ability to wear glasses in school because they could be used as a weapon, would I be entitled for not being able to handle contacts?

If I lived in an area in America where there were no decent supermarkets, and I wanted to eat healthy, would I be entitled for wanting to live a longer life?

If I wasn't able to get painkillers when I used to have chronic pain, would I be entitled because I needed painkillers for a while to make the pain more manageable?

Back in junior high when I couldn't stand people because almost everyone around me treated me like garbage for no real reason, was I being entitled for wanting friends?

If I wasn't able to have an operation that I had earlier in my life which prevented cancer, would I be entitled for wanting to live?

Whine.
Ass.

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
1 month ago#64
Edavy89 posted...
XianMei posted...
It was a dick move, pure and simple. and you're being kind of a jerk for acting like I'm being entitled for wanting a f***ing bare basic part of a game that should have always been there in every release since the PS2 era. It makes me wonder what else you think I'm being entitled for.

That is almost the definition of entitlement. That you consider something they go out of their way to add for people with a disability, a minor portion of their audience, a bare basic screams that.

This is the beginning to why CoD WWII does not have swastikas but rather has the ability to play as black female german nazis.

But yeah, it's a shame that they didn't include better subtitles. Maybe it was overlooked. The inclusion of something like that isn't required though.
lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

User Info: LOLIAmAnAlt

LOLIAmAnAlt
1 month ago#65
XianMei posted...

Oh

Should have known the one pretexting stuff is actually the troll.

User Info: Taitao

Taitao
1 month ago#66
Nothing wrong in requesting for enhanced hearing and subtitles. Everyone's favorite movies in Vhs format could not get exactly every word the actors said in the script back then.

If the person has a disability, then it shouldn't be frowned upon. There are people out there still using payphones according to a recent techspot article I saw a few days ago.
HSF2:AE++

User Info: arleas

arleas
1 month ago#67
Taitao posted...
There are people out there still using payphones

homeless people, drug dealers, or prank callers?

That's pretty much all I could think of...

Actually the more amazing thing is that there are still payphones? I remember they used to be everywhere. Like you could walk for 5-10 minutes and find a payphone...now it's like there might be one payphone in a 5 mile radius and if you're lucky it didn't get vandalized to hell.
http://steamsignature.com/profile/english/76561197969913402.png http://i.imgur.com/VHKOxqN.png
FC: 3325-5440-8407 Dream Code:5E00-0013-7C61

User Info: SchoolRumble

SchoolRumble
1 month ago#68
if anything isnt this more realistic for you, when they're a certain distance you can't understand them. its like your character has your disability
PSN: BlindyTwo
Gamertag: Blindy II

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
1 month ago#69
It really does make me shake my head when a big budget game lacks subtitles, or when they are bad subtitles that omit parts of if not entire sentences.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Wolfenstein: Yet another game that gives the finger to the deaf/hard of hearing

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived